Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find that Special K has a bit more "grunt" than Golden Promise, so I'm not sure that going to GP will fill things out. Mind you, having said that, I'm nearing the end of a sack of GP at the moment and expect I will go with the same again next time.
Try TF Halcyon ridicously easy to use!!

Doing two brews today:

A traditional weizenbock and a Hoppy strong weissbier inspired by the Schneider/Brooklyn Hopfenweiss

The Weizenbock, Llama of Mountains:

55% Weyermann Wheat malt

15% Malteurop Pilsner

15% Weyermann Munich I

7% Melanoiden

3.5% Special B

3.5% Baird's Dark Caramalt

1% chocolate wheat

27 IBU Rakau @ 60 mins

O.G. 1.084

The Hopfenweiss, Hopfenlump:

47% Weyermann Wheat Malt

41% Malteurop Pilsner

6% Weyermann Munich I

6% Thomas Fawcett Pale Crystal

O.G. 1.081, 78 IBU

3 hop additions, all 30g NZ Cascade, 6g Sorachi Ace @ 60, 10 and 5 mins

Each of these will get half the yeast cake from a hefeweizen whose yeast was grown from a bottle of Emerson's weissbier

Got a roselare (Weast3763) blend smackpack. Anyone got a recipe/any pointers on how to brew with this puppy?

Your not scarred of it in your brewery?  

I have a pack that I'm planning to use in an Oud Bruin. My theory is to ferment with a neutral ale yeast initially, then transfer to secondary and pitch the bugs. I don't want overwhelming sourness, but I want it to be present. Might chuck in some oak chips too.

This is what I did with mine.

It's in the bottle now, pretty sour and dry.  Still needs some age though.  Next time I'd probably pitch it into an lowish OG oud bruin then repitch into a red.  It works its way through the wort OK but is pretty slow and sluggish I found, the repitch went nice and quick.

The Red Thread, a Wellington summer ale (Spring/Autumn ale elsewhere)

Pearl pale malt, caramunich 2, wheat, carapils, caraaroma- 4 hour mash at 67c, with a bit of CaSO4

2009 crop Sauvin and Motueka

1.050, 34 ibu

Wyeast 3711

and I'm drinking a blend of "Piglet" Unimperial Red and "Rex Attitude" Islay Pale Ale... now I just want to brew that blend!!! I'm a peat convert.

100% Peated Ale fermented 100% With Brett Brux now that would be intresting!! DO IT!!!

I've not get any peat malt left... you'll have to do it.

ps. bottle please!!

pps. it's perle, isn't it? but it is a pearl...

A 4 hour mash- I normally mash for 1- 1.5 hours and seem to convert pretty well.  Why so long, if you don't mind me asking?
Allows me to take the kids to a BBQ for the afternoon ;-)

Normally I just do an hour.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service