Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will do as soon as my sparky turns up to wire it up!!
Ah yeah, I brewed the raspberry version as well, also a very good drop.

I love how most, if not all, JZs recipes are solid, and always a good starting point.
Yes, I plan to do the raspberry version when they're next in season. Was very tempted to do the vanilla and bourbon treatment with this one, but timing just doesn't work.

Wort is currently chilling, will be pitching my 1056 starter soon. I'm also using this beer as a way of building up a good amount of 1056 slurry for my WBC IPA, to be brewed in early August.
Just pitched yeast. OG was 1.058, which is closer to the target than last time so I'm pretty happy. If this baby ferments out OK it should be a punchy 5.7%. Now that's what I call robust. Wort tastes pretty fine too.

About to clean up. Might treat myself to a pint of hand-pulled ESB after that.
happy anniversary?
It is actually my 12th wedding anniversary tomorrow, but this beer was named coz the first time I brewed it was on Auckland Aniversary Day this year. Hadn't spotted the synchronicity - if I had I might have brewed it tomorrow!
ha ha! I hope you are joking. Fritha's a great supporter of my addiction but I'm not sure that'd go down well around here (although we're not married, so I'm safe at the moment).
NZ IPA

6kg MO
0.5kg Munich
0.27kg Pale crystal
0.27kg Carapils

50 IBU Pac Gem 60 min
Nelson Sauvin 15 min
Motueka/NZ cascade 5 min
Dryhop with Riwaka, Cascade and Rakau

Mash at 67 deg 1hr

OG 1.073, 70 IBU, 21L in the fermenter.

Ferment with W1056 at 19 deg.

Easy brew day
yum!
Jury is still out with Rakau but this looks like a tasty beer. maybe more ibu in those late hops next time.
Looking back at promash its more like 75 IBU total and 45 IBU first addition so a bit more late hop IBU than I first thought. The rakau certainly won't be the major dry hop addition, maybe 10-15g vs 20-30g of riwaka and nz cascade. Never brewed with rakau before so I'm not sure what to expect...if I can even taste it amongst the other hops. The wort did taste awesome from my hydro sample though!!

I tried PKB at Galbraiths on Monday, what an awesome beer! Its really opened my mind to hoppy porters. Congrats on brewing such a great beer!!
looks bloody good anyway.

re: PKB, cheers... You might be interested to know that we've got something quite similar to your IPA on the way soon. Something for comparison if you can hold onto yours long enough ;-)
Can't wait!! I'll try to hide a bottle or two away.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service