Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seen something on Trademe that others maybe interested in...post it here

Views: 33090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going to be stocking these Rambo burners within the next fortnight. They are the size of a 2 ring burner. They use half as much gas as a 4 ring burner, and at full power they crank out nearly twice as much heat: 94MJ per hour. They'll cost a little more than the 4 ring burners - but there is no fine tuning needed, and the flame is 100% clean. They are outstanding units.

This pictured one is for a customer who is receiving a full system from us... so it's not for sale!
Jo, I am so super keen on a rambo burner!! Any idea of a price at this stage? Looks perfect for my new 85L kettle! Good on you for bringing them in, its about time someone did!

Will you be stocking hoses and regs too? Or will this hook up to a bbq reg and hose?
I've got a bit of tinkering to do to make them work - but I'm hoping that they'll work with a BBQ reg as this will keep the price down. This one is already quite expensive in this form without the valve and connections because I bought it in on it's own as a bit of a trial for the burner system.

I don't want to put dollar signs on it just yet, but we would be looking at over $250 at this stage.

The above one is a 23 jet for an 80L Boil. There are 20 jet ones that are a bit cheaper which would be more suitable for the 30L boils that most people are doing.
Mean bro, keep me posted plz :o)
Are you gonna get some stands fabricated for them?

Or do they come with them and it's not shown in the picture?

I've seen these in NZ somewhere on some BBQ website, they wanted $265 IIRC. Fucking expensive compared to what they sell for in the states (but what isn't I guess).

Have you considered bringing a pallet of the rambo burners from Aus over?

Surely wholesale and in bulk they'd work out the same price as the unit you've shown? The Au rambos look like they're built a bit better - but maybe not? Dunno, just a suggestion.
The one I have pictured is identical to the keefer mongolian 150 MJ / hour. I can get them for around the same price as what is advertised on that site, but getting them to run is a different story. My ones have a pilot system which isn't installed on the keefer ones.
They are fine to sit on the bench just like a regular 3 ring burner - they have small feet on the underside of the ring. I can get one of those high pressure burners over with the nozzle burners glen - they are half the btu's though.
they have small feet on the underside of the ring.

Anything on the top for the pot to sit on?
Nope... I'm making a skirt to fit around the pot for this particular setup - the pot will sit on the skirt, giving clearance for the burners to spread their love.
I've seen these used in a few set ups on Aussie Home Brewer, and they are all mounted on frames with the vessel on a "shelf" and the burner attached at the appropriate height from the bottom of the vessel.

I had looked at importing the same model by the looks, until I decided to go down the electric brewery track.
"and the flame is 100% clean."

That's interesting Jo. When I looked at the shiny 3 tier system on that trademe link a couple of pages back I thought - they won't be shiny for long if my burners are anything to go by.

Despite constant fiddling etc with the gas/air intakes I still get loads of soot. It's a real pain.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service