Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

secret beer only available to Wellingtonians... a present from Tuatara because we are the best beer drinkers in the country.

Check this...
http://tuatarabeers.blogspot.com/2010/11/tuatara-x-returns-as-trade...

It's a Tripel, I guess... Strong, golden, estery, a little hoppy. Really delicious.

Hmmm, maybe Luke could take a hint here and hook Auckland up with something special from Epic?? lol

Doubtful tho, fkn useless Aucklanders not drinking enough quality beer :o(
nah, he's hooking us up next week...
Haha you bastard Stu, I know I know :oP

Only 250 bottles made and 5 30l kegs, Bottles are all gone but there might be one keg lying around maybee?

was it Westmalle yeast Mike?  I've never used it but it reminded me of a few beers I've tried using that yeast... but it was better, less "gluey".

Damn good beer fellas, I hope you guys were happy with it.  I know that sometimes you can not like a beer, even if it is beautiful, just because it didn't end up like you wanted.  I shared my first bottle with Alex Liberarti and he loved it too. Then the second one with someone who once got kicked out of the malthouse, a two (parrot)dogs - a perfect nightcap.

Can you ever be satisfied? It would be one boring brewing world if you were!! hahaha

The Yeast was Ardennes, it just performs so so well for us. Sounds like he would of been an intresting chap to have a beer with well maybee beers, I need to get out more!!

Wow, I'm surprised... that's a yeast I've used a lot and never got as much fruit out of it. I guess the strength, the paleness and the hopping were quite different to anything I've brewed.  don't you love the infinite combinations available!!  Who'd want to make wine?

Yeh, Alex seemed like a nice guy.  I couldn't actually make it in to see him the night he was in Welly but he changed his itinerary to stay another day and I'm really glad I did.  His collab cream ale with Mikkeller was excellent (aggressive, like Golden Ticket Summer Babe but without the over ripe pawpaw!).

Quick daft question.

Yeastie Boys Her Majesty and Hallertau Stuntman - bottle conditioned?

Fluffy bottoms?

Not me Mike ...

Couldn't find the Moa pale at the local pak & save so it was home for some ten thirty's, brown and pale and a sup on the black as I kegged it

I love the 1.036's but the 1.033's are work in progress

Nah, not when it's all in suspension, found out the hard way with the Stuntman, haha, my bad.

Her Majesty and the glass is pretty dark, can't really tell, will find out tonight, should have settled by then anyway.

Anyway, back on topic.

Last night I had to drop my neighbour into town, and for my hard efforts thought I should stop into Gal's and treat myself to a well deserved pint.  

Tall poppy on tap, bro that shit is on form, really similar to the American Amber I brew and love.

And driving home since I was going right past Liquor Land Newmarket thought I should stop in and top up the fridge.

Chimay Red - Been a while since I've had this, but I really liked it, a nice little (well biggish) complex beer, easy drinking and pretty well priced.  The only downside is this little metallic aroma and slight flavour I can taste in it, I've had it in a couple Chimay beers before.

Hoegaarden - Picked up a four pack to do a side by side with my Wit, mines better haha.  Mainly because it's fresher and a bit more assertive in aroma.  Still Hoegaarden is decent beer I reckon, makes for a good session beer that you don't feel the need to sit down and analyse every sip you take. 

Pot Kettle Black - Another one I picked up to do a side by side with my Black IPA, mines better because I brewed it :-P  Nah, you guys got that shit on form aye.

Doing the side by sides is great - neither of the beers were meant to be clones but I found it helps you pick out more things in both beers.  EG my Black IPA, when drinking it all I thought was Simcoe and Amarillo in the aroma, when I drank it next to the PKB I noticed the aroma of mine was more like strawberries and raspberries, and with the light roasty note it reminded me of a Jelly Tip.  Anyway I thought it was pretty interesting, first time I've really done this and I'll do it with most of my beers from now on.

Stuntman - Just a little old but you can tell this was a scorcher of a beer.  Just starting get that hop fade and caramel coming through, minus a month or two of age and this beer would have been absolutely awesome.  Probably didn't help that I was drinking yeast with it but that's my bad, just couldn't help myself getting into it.

Haven't had Her Majesty yet, will tackle that one tonight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service