Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Show off! I had to get mine duty free. They were off the richter though. Way off.
Yeah well I wouldnt go back for the beer!! Crystal, no good!! Rum very good, cigars excelent!!! seeing how they were made.........not so good, (sweet shops) they wouldnt let us take photos to prove it either!!
Ah Mike. tis the season to change images, I like your new one. I also like your choice of cigars, 3 of my favs right there, love your work!

Good luck with that brew, Brett.
I've go a Cohiba Esplendido that I'll enjoy with a pint of Imperial Pot Kettle Black one evening in a few weeks time. I'll be buying some Thomas Hardy soon too (buy it every year, for the boy's birthdays - one day they'll be presented with an impressive selection of cellared barley wines).

Also got a Cuesta Rey Centenario Pyramid No. 9 for some special occasion...
I like a good cigar, but the opportunities to smoke them are few and far between. The missus is not keen on me smoking them on the deck, and I don't know of any bars that are keen either.

I picked up some Cuaba Divinos coming through Dubai a couple of years ago (superb duty free cigar store there) and smoked the last one on Christmas Eve wandering drunkenly around the centre of Auckland.
I had a bottle of Ged's recent brew over the weekend and i figured that some 'mad props' were in order! It was bloody lovely, bitterness was spot on, nice nutty/creamy malt background with a citrus hop finish, thanks for sharing! :0)
Going to try my first bottle of this very experimental Imperial Porter/Stout with a Port and Oak addition, been in the bottle 2 and a half months so far and I cant hold out any longer!!! Recipe is for 22 litres.

4kg Maris Otter
210g Cara Aroma
200g Cara Malt
110g Cara Munich II
350g Chocolate
80g Carafa I
100g Roast Barley
50g Black Patent
1 horrible can of black rock light malt extract ;o)
60 : 28g Nugget
20 : 20g NZ Fuggles, 15g Williamette
0 : 15g NZ Cascade, 8g Styrian

Wyeast 1968
500mls Tawny Port (secondary)
20g Oak shavings.(31 days)
what are you talking about 'horrible can of extract'!? ;0)
I told him to put it like that just to wind you up :)
Poking the bear....i like it!
ROFL, I just felt so guilty pouring it into my beautifull AG wort ;oP But limitations of equipment will do that to ya...
So I tried the Port Stout, and well, it was very interesting... Poured at 3*c so a bit cold, was bright as I poured, ruby highlights and a big tan head... Aroma when cold was hints of coffee and choc, but when it warmed up was like sour grapes... Flavour was really complex, it took me about half a pint to figure out what I was tasting, when it was cold it went down really easy, dark, roasty with a tart slightly sour grape finish which lingers, as it warmed up the tarty sour grape finish started to dominate alot more... I couldnt really pick up on any oak flavours, it just added to the complexity of it all I think..

Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to share... lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service