Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the golden ale in a brown bottle now too?

Might need to make a trip to the bottle shop.
My 3B IPA was quite fizzy too although I didn't really mind that. I wouldn't mind it touch more bitter either, only a little bit though. I thought it was balanced really well.
Yeah I guess its probably not overcarbed, its just that with all of my beers I tend to go for the lower end of the Co2 scale, I find I can drink more without getting bloated which makes sense, and you can taste more ;o)
Just had my old man round and for 'quality control' purposes had a glass of my 'old ale', unblended..

Its smoothing out alot, the bugs have dropped out and its a gorgeous red coppery colour, aroma of pineapple and spices, so complex on the palate, starting spicy, sour but with bittersweet notes, finishes with a whack of cardboard which then dries the finish along with the sourness! So awesome, so drinkable, and so worth the 6 months it took to make ;o) lol
'Found' some bottles of my Oatmeal Stout (2nd AG batch) that was brewed on 8/8/07. Half a swappa crate - has been sitting there for ages but haven't been bothered to drink it thinking it would be straight nasty!

Surprisingly awesome. A little oxidation that lends a little fruity sherryness but it's pleasant and blends well with the raisin and plum of the crystal malt. A slight touch of autolysis but considering the age it's pretty tame and not really out of place. The roastiness has turned extremely smooth and the oats seem more pronounced than I remember. Glad I picked up my nuts and drunk one, also glad I've got five bottles to go!

Also just tapped the keg on my Bob Hudson's clone, quite close. I'm pretty stoked as it's the first beer I've tried to copy - will have to get a rigger to do a side by side.

Also transfered my Flanders Red to condition after being in the bucket for about 4 months, pH of 3.78 and only dropped to 1.012 (recipe quoted 1.008). It's a bit thin at the moment and not as acidic as I had hoped, hopefully another month or 6 or 12 and some carbonation will bring it around.
WIth your flanders glen I wouldnt be surprised if it does drop a few more points in the keg, my old ale did :o)
Had a La Chouffe earlier. There's some crazy orange and coriander madness going on in there. It was a bit unexpected at first but it grew on me real quick. Looking forward to the Mc Chouffe I have stored away...
I cant believe I am about to type this, but....

Speights Gold Medal Ale - now im not sure if its cos I just had a gruelling interview and waned to cull my nerves, or if it was the freshest possible keg, or what, but I hate to say, I actually enjoyed it, a little malt character, slightly sweet with a little hop bitterness, and a sweet malty finish...

Hmmm, thats not to say im gonna run out and buy a 6 pack of speights, but I was quite impressed! Now, let the ribbing begin ;o)
She's a long road to find the perfect beer mate... Still, no hurry eh?
Good on for admitting it mate.... that's the first step....
Sounds like we need an "air your dirty laundry" thread!
As long as we agree there will be no group hugs...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service