Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should qualify by saying not drinking whole pints of everything...But, am on a bit of a binge as I have so much beer it is disrupting my ability to put food in the fridge. And, am not taking it seriously enough; which is naughty. Having the Lagunitas IPA at the moment. Another excellent drop.
get rid of the food, enjoy the beer :o)
That why I have 3 fridges and a chest freezer so my 2 loves dont have to compete!!
I have 7 fridges, and thinking I might need an extra freezer for the hops....
Not pushing your luck with Her Majesty???? Send her one the old duck will probably love it.
Tonight:
- Rogue Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale (huge bitterness, fruity American hop flavour, amazing)
- Emerson's Hoppy2Porter (Smoky, roasty, hoppy - but no body to it still)
- Emerson's beWITched (terrifically tasty, yet terribly treacherous (8.5%!!))

Bedtime.
Just cracked the keg from my blog http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/profiles/blogs/the-weary-pilgrim-br... Very pleased very hoppy, just what I was aiming for. Somewhere between Hallertau's Copper Tart and Mac's Sassy Red. Couldn't be happier, wait, I'll have another one :-)
Just had my last glass of WBC IPA :o( Sad to see it go...

And now im sipping on my American Stout, its got a shit load of hop in it but its not in your face like an IPA, more rounded with all of the roast and malts backing it up! The flavour still hasnt fully come through yet as its all roast on the palate, dry as too ;o)
So you should be mate. That was a stunning beer. I bow before your awesomeness.
Smokin Bishop
In an American mood tonight.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid - has survived the journey better than most of the other US IPAs. Still in pretty good nick. Hints of oxidation but the hops are still there. Nice, nice drink.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale - oh my word!. There's lovely. Malt. Hops. The whole nine yards. Balanced, complex. I was listening to the brewing Network podcast about cloning this today. I'm now getting very tempted. Intriguing that it started out life as a Maibock.

Might have a tiny little drop of my US IPA before bedtime. Got to save my strength for Galbraiths tomorrow,
Same podcast I listened to just after drinking it. Same conclusion. My "clone" has had too many substitutions though so not entirely sure how it will turn out.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service