Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing. I'm 2 hours behind you lot (still on holiday in aussie). But soon, it'll be some Little Creatures pale ale (big bots), maybe some LC bright ale which I rather like, and probably some Red Angus pilsner.
Can't wait to see how my brown ale and pale ale have aged in the keg in my absence.
A visit out to Hallertau this afternoon (that's one of the good things about having visitors - I get an excuse to go out there!). As usual, a superb afternoon.

There's still some Maximus Humulus Lupulus avaialable, though it has mellowed out quite a bit. Picked up a couple of takeaway bottles to evaluate it at my leisure.

Current seasonal is Stuntwoman Imperial Pilsner at 9%. Had a chat to Steve and he reckoned it was selling well - people just see the word "Pilsner"! Tasted pretty good to me.

The guest tap is Fuller's London Porter. Had to try it as I loved this stuff back in the UK. Not as superb as I remember it but I've never previously had it on keg and at a cooler temperature. Still pretty awesome though.

Last night I had a bit of a session on the Leigh Sawmill "12 Gauge" strong lager, so I might have a night off the booze tonight!

Cheers,

Martin
The guest tap is Fuller's London Porter. Had to try it as I loved this stuff back in the UK. Not as superb as I remember it but I've never previously had it on keg and at a cooler temperature. Still pretty awesome though.

I had a bottle of this a few weeks back. Im not sure whether my palate was ruined by the Twisted Hop or what but allI could taste was marmite. V. tough to finish the bottle
The bottles knocking around are from the UK's last winter so they're about a year old now, general consensus at fullers is that bottled pasteurised beer starts deteriorating after 4-6 months plus it's travelled over here in a hot container so they're not in the best condition....well i didn't think so anyway
They've deteriorated noticably since arriving... it's not the same beer as it was a few months ago but it is still not a bad drop, at a reasonable price.

I'd certainly not struggle to finish any of the bottles I've had.
Started a six pack of Epic PA last night and had the last three today while doing the gardening.

Must agree with you guys, awesome hop aroma but bitterness doesn't always match up.

Drinking a cider right now made with the WL hefe yeast. Banana and clove aren't really evident now as it's been conditioning too long, but still a nice drink for a spring arvo.
Bottle of Renaissance Elemental Porter last night, last of a 4 pack given to me for my Birthday.
It poured cloudy with clumps of yeasty stuff all through it - I thought "uh oh, here we go".

It tasted WONDERFUL. Fantastic drop. Enjoyed every ml and wished I'd had another.
Souds like a 4/5, at least, in the appearance department ;-)
I think floaties gets it a 5 according to the armageddon scale....;0)
I had an epic PA the other day out of the bottle, I found it a bit thinner than other Epics ive had out of the tap, seemed like it had a really low FG...

Was disappointing :o(
Emerson's 'Summer Thyme'. Base beer reminds me a little of Kruger Gold from late last year, which I was so so on. I'm also so so on herb/spice summer ales but this beer is a bit different - the Thyme is really full on - and it's certainly worth a crack. If you like Thyme you'll love this beer. Good interesting work from Emerson's.

I just realise that I missed 'Hoppy Jim', the last release. I think that is the first commercially released Emerson's beer that has made it to Wellington that I've missed since I started drinking them... about ten years ago. I saw it at Regionals last week but thought I'd try it later.
didn't miss much It was a bomb....green apple up the wahoo unfortunately....flagon drain pours really hurt! you could read my review but ratebeer is still kaput!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service