Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bastard :oP

Im gonna have everything shortly apart from Warrior, reckon I could sub for nugget? Or Southern Cross? Or maybe I should just be patient, it would probably be better that way...
If you want the imperial units Mike

Mash hop : 42g Chinook
90 : 78g Warrior, 14g Columbus
45 : 28g Simcoe
30 : 28g Columbus
FO : 64g Centennial, 28g Simcoe
Dry : 28g Columbus, 21g Centennial, 35g Simcoe
I have no Warrior so im might just use Nugget. Rumour has it its a substitute. Oh and good old S05
How much nugget ya reckon? Just the same amount? Guess it cant make too much diff aye?
Yeah about the same its a substitute and its 90min Addition so it will do fuck all!!
Into the Alaskan IPA now.

Gotta love that American 2-row and Crystal 40... this beer reeks of it. It reminds me a lot of Anchor Liberty Ale. It's not the hop bomb that FW UJ was... or Pliny for that matter... but there is plenty of balance as well as nice malty, caramel and honey notes.

A good beer all round... not sure I'd pay $6 for another glass when it's the same price as UJ... but then again... gotta love that 2-row.
Had a pliny, an amber ale (see the recipe I used in 'What are you brewing?' - fucking awesome JZ recipe), now onto a 50-50 mix of my robust porter and the amber.
I picked up a bottle of:

Emerson Bookbinder and Dux Norwester, at Ashore in Birkenhead.

I think the weather is going to turn to poos. Oh well, I'll have to stay inside and drink beer, then.
Having a few "English" type ales for a change.

Very nice.
"""""""""""""English Type''''''''''''''''''''''''''''??????????????????? huh?????????????????
Home brew - Brewed in the English style... they arrived here this morning. I think they are great - very clean... sneaky too - I think it's a split batch... 2 different yeast strains.

Could be wrong though... I'm enjoying them as 2 very delicious beers.

The Onion will be next.
One was Mamarillo. The other was a 50/50 mix of Mamarillo / Digital IPA (my case swap cack).

Both were burtonised and pitched/fermented fairly warm - hence the Englishness - but used a few new world hops. The Digital IPA also had a sneaky 100g of EKG in at about 15min so had a huge hop hit that most people (I think) are picking up as alcohol heat.

Interestingly (for me but possibly not anyone else) the "base all-grain" for the Digital IPA was meant to be the Mamarillo (but it was cursed, hence the final name - coined by JoKing himself). I guess the Digital is a bit of a Double Mamarillo.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service