Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes! ;) But I guess it's not what you were thinking. My opinion is wrong!

*Edit* Mr Mahy was just over. He agrees. "Where's the Belgian character?" We both want it on tap permanently though. ;)
The Duvel yeast was deliberately selected because of its lack of clove character. Richard doesn't like the idea of clove flavours mingling with the fruitiness of the hops.

Although classic Belgian (abbey-style) yeast flavours and aromas are extremely subtle in the beer, there's definitely a Duvel-esque tartness in the finish. I like it!

If I had to be critical I'd say the filtering (.45 micron) has diminished the beer's mouthfeel a little.
I get some herbaceous Belgian flavours only when it's room temperature. Any kind of chill hides it all.
Seriously... have you guys actually drunk Duvel recently? You'd hardly call that "Belgian". Unless "Belgian" is synonymous with strong golden ale, like it is for some people. Belgian beer does not have to have clove and/or banana...

I find the beer a shade too warm. Other than that is is damn near perfect.
(but I've only had a warm half bottle and a chilled full bottle - a full case, delivered to my door, would certainly help me form a better opinion)

Best beer of the week for me, for sure... with PKB on tap at Bar Edward being not far behind at all. Damn that third batch is good - I'm glad I'll get to give Nally a hug later this week.

hmmmmm... i might get one on the way home!!
Give Nally a hug from me too please Stu and I think i'll be joining you for a PKB on the way home too, tho in a completely different city...
'twas the JP i was thinkng about picking up...

Sam's told me not to drink any more PKB batch 3.
I initially thought it might have been a touch "hot" but decided it was a hop thing, not alcohol. You might be right though. I shall need another. And another. And another... just to be sure, you understand. Does this make me the new Neil Miller? Hope not, I'm too lazy to learn to write as well as he does!
I was actually thinking the thing could of been a coferment with 1272 as it was quite clean and fruity and the only thing I picked up on it be some what Belgian was the warming solventyness (not in a bad way) Great beer actualy fantastic beer he said it was good and thank good I didnt take his word on it and drunk plenty of it!! Good Work!!
yeh Mike, I got that solventy character too... I've not tried it again but I thought it was just a little too much. Dropped my BrewNZ prediction from "definite gold" to "probable gold"!
Best beer of the week for me, for sure... with PKB on tap at Bar Edward

So how does it feel to go into a bar and have to buy (presuming you don't drink all the profits eh) your own beer Stu - a bit odd ?
Interesting question JT
not odd at all... I usually give beers a try at different bars but 99% of what I buy is OPB. It's interesting to drink them on tap as mostly I taste them from the bottle.

I suppose I should be deducting those purchases as expenses... now there is something that feels a bit odd.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service