Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

now there's a good idea right there. how's sunday?
This could work, ill give you a txt over the weekend mate to suss a time :o)
Thanks to Soren (8 Wired) and Brett at FreshChoice Parklands I will be drinking iStout and The Big Smoke from 8 Wired tonight! :)
It's a dark (k)night in the hood tonight lads...

Very big thanks to Brett at Parkland's Freshchoice (plug plug plug no affliation), arrived to my beers boxed up with three pint glasses (Well's, Tetley's and a Guinness) in the box also. I decided given there were three glasses I need six beers, so pick up the Mata Black Bru and Brown Boy also. Alas no Epic Thornbridge there yet.... (hope you have your skates on BeerNZ)!
8 wired re-wired. Really loving this beer at the moment
Sipping on an H2O from Nelson City Council. Something dodgy has been going on my stomach for the past few days. It's Friday night for crying out loud - is there no justice in this world?
Had a few heinekens on tap at the Garrison in Sylvia park after work. You will be happy to know that is is still the same - super cold, fizzy and tasteless. Amazing how differnt it is in Amsterdam, it is almost like an ale over there, not as fizzy, more flavour. Then home for roast pork and a bottle of my stout - mellowing out nicely, typical it starts getting better when I only have 4 bottles left!
House brewed Blonde Becks for me. Global Cologne and I'm loving it.

Only 4.4% which means I can have another and still be fresh as a daisy for football tomorrow. Teckle!
Sterling night at Galbraith's with the family for my birthday tonight.

Their Angus eye fillet is on form. Amazing.

Having Porter Noir there. Awesome. Brilliant Brett in there, cherry aroma that blends in so well (2009 batch).

Antipodean (Gal's NZPA) a little too minerally for me. But has a lot of potential if they tone down their water profile I reckon.

Bellringers and Bobby's on form as usual.

The girly had a couple Resurrections - amazing beer, I need to drink this more.

She also had a Emerson's Weizenbock - great beer also, not very big on the ester/phenol front but absolutely stunningly balanced.
Nice - I had the eye fillet a couple of weeks back - stunning.
Man I wish I'd gone there instead of walking down to Brew on Quay for THEIR birthday 'celebration'. The place was fairly busy when I arrived not long after 6pm but by the time I left at 7.30-ish it was pretty quiet. No real buzz.

Epic Pale Ale on good form as always, then I tried an Epic Thornbridge Stout from the bottle. Tasted as good as ever, but 20 bucks for the bottle??? Ouch! I ended up nursing that one for a looong time.
20 bucks for a pint of Epic Stout?????? Youve gotta be kidding me, I thought $15 for an Armageddon was bad, jeez that place is far too expensive eh!!

Last night had a bottle of Tintins Black Heart (Belgian Stout by Martin Bridges), the non brett version unfortunately and it was also a gusher so I didnt get much :o( Martin, id suggest maybe venting whatever bottles you have left? e

Had a lovely aroma of belgian phenols mixed with roast which gave me a heap of chocolate and spiced moccha notes, very tasty, well balanced but I still prefer the brett version ;o)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service