Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So what was everyones favourite at G's last night??

I tried the Bo Pils, Emersons Pils and a Bitter and twisted, for me it was the B&T, awesome dark english bitter, hints of roast and chocolate, delicate beautiful balance!! Its given me a hankering to brew something similair with the 1469 ive got at the mo :o)
Bobs. Tried a bellringers on Greigs suggestion, went back to bobs.
ditto. Although quite a difference when they changed the keg!
Mine was awesome! ;)
So no one else tried the B&T then? I thought it was on form!!

And I hate to say it, but for me, the Bo Pils outshone the Emersons!! Emersons Pils just hasnt been the same over the last year IMO
yeah I had the B&T too and enjoyed it.
I didn't try a B&T as I was attempting to take it slowly. Good reason to go back eh!

JZ had an Emersons Pilsner at Brew on Quay Monday night and commented how sulphury/rubbery it was. Turns out it's what he gets from the hops - Riwaka
Yeah I remember him saying that, he mentioned Steve said he had the same character in his Riwaka Marzen that eventually went away with a bit of age, but its funny cos I tried that marzen fresh as and never picked up on a rubbery character??
Yip its Riwaka and the sole reason why I dont use it, its even worse in the flowers, the burnt rubber was supposably at its peak in the 08 harvest so the question is has anyone got any 09 harvest that they can rub and say if its in this years on as well?
I have 100gm of flowers I got from liberty about 6 weeks back. I will give them a sniff. Anyone know what year that is likely to be?
Was over at Paul Croucher's a while back and we were talking about this. It's noticable in Motueka also. He demonstrated by opening a fresh pack of Mot and saying "sniff now!" - There is was, plain as day. Burnt rubber.
I always thought of green onion with a fresh bag, a very intense green onion, but as said before it fades with age.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service