Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can understand this. Whilst I did not taste the metallic/bloody nature, I did enjoy this beer, as the simplicity was a nice change from what I have had as of late. Certainly there are much more complex and interesting beers, but I really enjoyed the Sauvin.

I guess it is because I never brewed with it though, and I still find it to be an interesting hop.
meeting

I'd like to have meetings like that at work too !
In all fairness, it was not a work sanctioned meeting. Instead I was meeting with people that do the same kind of work I do. :)
Rogue Hop...

After seeing others speak highly of this beer, I can understand why they said it is a well balanced, and a nice beer.

Having said this, I do not know that I would have named it "rogue hop", as it is not particularly hopped.

Not a flash beer, but a good beer for sipping and chatting with mates.
Brew Moon Hophead IPA......really nice. Good balance and well made! Great drinkability.
Had a couple of pints of my WBC saison last night and was really struggling to put my finger on the aroma, its been in the keg a few weeks now and is pouring bright as a button with a creamy head which sticks till the last glass, im getting a slight hint of vanilla and I think with a bit of nail polish? and some other things which I cant name?? The flavour and mouthfeel are dry and refreshing but overall this beer sorta just reminds me of a lager with a bit more of a funk aroma happening, alot of the malt character has just been stripped out by the yeast leaving quite a quaffable beer, but im sure it wont be a winner as its just too boring I think... If I lose i know what style ill be picking ;o)
Martin thinks the same of his - not enough character left in it. I reckon it's pretty bloody good.
Haha, I guess well have to wait till tomorrow to find out ;o)

I reckon next time I brew a saison with 3711, im gonna mash at like 70*c! And not use any sugaz...
Cow Beer style Tyler?
Shhh, dont give too much away Mike!!
Just had a Boysenbeery from Invercargill Brewery..and enjoyed it lots
Well its almost 4pm and im starting to think about what im going to drink tonight! In fact I might have to stop off at BOQ on the way home for a sneaky Epic ;o) Roll on 5:30!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service