Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess the "brewery assistant removing the airlock" incident must have been the last straw!
It's been a bit slim this week really

Bonus beer was the hydrometer sample of Pukie IX last night.
Well two samples really, one to clear the yeast from the tap and one to take a reading.
Not one for the purists, Super Alpha late in a mild takes a bit of swallowing, especially warm

But I guess it's like using SO4, you've got to try it once in a lifetime

It won't make a good mild, but it might make a spicy NZ Draught for the very early autumn
Finally got around to cracking open the bottle of Reviled's Alt that he dropped round the other week. Maybe not what I'd call an Alt, but a lovely beer nonetheless, and I wish I had more. The hop kick towards the end and a slight lack of malt oomph took it a bit away from style but made it more drinkable. Cheers bro.

Then a couple of pints of my Special K-powered Mild. Man I like this beer. I am soooo annoyed that my father-in-law has drained most of the keg coz all my other beers were "too strong" i.e. over 4%. Will deffo need to brew it again as soon as Albrecht can get some Kolsch malt into the country.
Glad you liked it Martin, its sort of my NZ interpretation of an Altbier, this one was Mk II which was a bit hoppier and as a result slightly less malty than the first but I was still happy with it... About 120gms of Motueka in that beer, its a lovely hop!

I remember that mild being like chewing on a bag of nuts, it was sooooo malty and nutty, yum!! The special K worked so well in that beer!!
I drank some bottles of Cascade Stout last night.

I actually really like that beer - an aussie mate of mine in the UK introduced me to it a few years back. It has great chocolate flavour and excellent mouthfeel. I would love to brew something similar as by next batch.
Epic Pale Ale. 2 pints for lunch @ brew on quay. So yummy!
Just as well I took the arvo off, another fine lunch hosted by the Scottish proprietor and his merry men... oh and a friendly Danish popped in for a pint and a chat!

3 Boys IPA (A little disappointed, it's changed since moving breweries. Lost that fruitiness it used to have)
Dortmunder - loved it

Tastings:
HopWired
Green Flash Hop Head
Green Flash west coast IPA
Sprig n Fern 3 berry cider
Tuatara Helles
Was the GF Hop Head red very fresh?? I tried one a while back and it had an awesome malt character but the hop aroma had vanished.. Cant wait to try it on tap in San Diego!!
It was the first time I'd had it so nothing to compare it too but it was big, malty and there was definitely no shortage of hops! If it wasn't fresh it would be insane on tap!
Wait... what? Three Boys has moved?
Word on the street has the IPA being brewed in Invercargill now.
I know Steve Nally brews everything these days but surely not... Ralph's got a much bigger brew length.
Soon people will be saying that Heineken is being brewed in Invercargill (for the Euro market!!)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service