Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hahaha, here we go again, the quarterly Realbeer "air your dirty laundry-athon" :oP

Im ashamed of all of you... hahaha
I had Epic Armageddon, 3 bottles of the 12 I won. Also had my birthday lager (or the sweaty onion as Mr C calls it :-p ) on Saturday night.... which meant I never got a chance to get into Mr C's beers... (sorry I'm going to try again this week / weekend).
What pic was yours James?
That was a mean pic mate!! Well worthy of a win :o)
I'd never buy a dozen...

(though I don't really buy a dozen of anything - my last three "dozens" have been Emerson's Bouron Porter, Emerson's JP2008 and Emerson's JP2009)

...but it certainly doesn't repulse me when I'm forced to purchase it in a bar or restaurant.
Haha, I cant actually remember the last time I brought a dozen!!

edit : Apart from the cases of Epic I got for the wedding, but it didnt have the same 'feeling' as purchasing a dirty dozen of megaswill at the supermarket which is probably why it didnt pop to mind at first...
All of the good beers come in singles now anyway..... but I still buy mixed dozens....
Just recovering from a few days with my visiting brother from Brisbane.
Thursday @ Bambule Ranch
Emersons Bookbinder
Tuatara Ardennes
Bambule Monster
La Trappe Tripel

Friday @ Lounge in Carterton
Emersons 1812
Epic Pale Ale
3 Boys Porter

Saturday we headed to Wellington
A good session at Hashigo Zake
Nerdherder on handpump, the best I've tasted it.
Renaissance APA
A snifter of Rougue Old Crustacean.... Fuck
My Bro had the
Nerdherder
Baird Pale Ale which was great if not a little harsh with its hop character.
A Westmalle Tripel

Then to the Malthouse for a swift Armageedon and a taste of Hopwired, blew us away.
Dinner at Sweet Mamas Kitchen, with a Tuatara Helles, that place rocks, not to mention their music selection.

We went to the Mighty Mighty for some Gypsy Fever. Must be one of the few bars in the Wellington where you can by 750ml bottles of Castlepoint beer. No I didn't have one.

Finished up at Havana Bar with some Founders redhead and I had a Little Creatures.

So easy to impress people in Wellington! They couldn't match that range of beer in Brisbane, a city of almost 2million!
Had a great tasting at Hisingo last tuesday, notes on Ratebeer in the coming days. Rouge Yellow Snow, was preety dam good, Also the Chocolate Stout.

Tonight, Export 33 :)
after a dessert ofgreat wine at the Marlborough wine and food fest on saturday I had an Emerson's porter for the first time in years I think. it's a bit drier than I prefer my porters but really, really nice. Brewing on sunday with a bunch of homebrews and a Nerdherder D, scrummy! I do prefer the B but D is pretty darn tasty. cheers Stu!
Sprig and Fern Doppelbock on tap @ Hashigo Zake... pretty nice, lots of toasty amber malt, rich, warming, lightly estery, with a pleasant minty character... maybe more of a Baltic Porter than a Doppelbock but a pleasant beer all the same.

Last week @ The Malthouse Thornbridge tasting I had:
- Emerson's Extra Pils
- Invercargill Stanley Green
- 8 Wired Hopwired, and
- (with special thanks to the Malthouse Wizard) a bottle of the award-winningest PKB 2009.

All were tasting fantastic. The beer scene really is a far cry from where it was just a few years ago...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service