Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:D

HopWired is the only one in 'the pack' that will feature in my top 10 this year. It's currently flying up the charts...
Soren, just make sure some makes it to beerstore, then I can get some whether it makes it to AK or not ;-)
Well done Soren, haven't tried your IPA yet, I hope to make it in to Wellington before christmas .

Drinking an Adnams Broadside, I really like it, but the day has just been too hot to really enjoy it. To be followed by Fullers ESB, the best beer at this years Regional Beer Options comp. in my opinion.
Adnams broadside is one of my favourites, used to be my sunday arvo session beer of choice at the Sun in Splendour at Notting Hill Gate :)
I would love to try it on tap some time, I haven;t had it for about 3 years and then I see it in the most random of places, Pak 'n save in Masterton.

It would be great to brew a beer like this.
Hi Everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place to mention that we've nervously gone against our real ale ethos and sent 10 x 20litre bags of Old House ESB, Cathcarts NTA, Westons Best, Number 9 and Dinner Ale to BeerNZ. Hope they'll to make H. Zake, Bar Edward and the like.
If anyone is near Blenhiem on the 16/12, The Old Bank has a pin each of Old House ESB and Cathcarts NTA on hand pump for a real ale night.
Messy xmas to all from Townshend Brewery, M
Yep, IMHO (honest, rather than humble), it's good to see a recommended pack rather than "Champion Beer" or Gold, Silver, Bronze.

And well done the judges. Hard job, little praise. And to whoever did the stewarding!

Look forward to the bottles... snuck in a Hopwired on the way home. Be nice to have another one here. Instead I'll have an Eastie Ordinary.
Hi Martin,

I had some ESB & NTA at the Neudorf fair the other day which I believe was out of the keg - I think the punters will appreciate it even if it's not hand-pulled. Well done on a great year of brewing - these two are in my top 10 for 2009.
I'm with Christian here... I've been giving the mad Martin props left right and centre. You know my thoughts Martin - the ESB is almost one of the best beers I've ever drunk, it's certainly one of the most characterful, and the NTA and Stout are already there: probably my favourite pale ale and stout in the country.

Keep up the good work - I'm sure the beers will be fantastic in the bag... and I can't wait to taste them. I sure hope they become regulars at Regionals (and further afield) now.
Townshend bags dispatched to Hashigo Zake, Bar Ed and Albar in Dunedin for handpumps. Get in quick for the weekend. Fresh bollte stock arriving all the time. Don't be shy.......!!!

CB
What have I been drinking ? More than I should have - in one sitting at least.
On a rare beer excursion, I took the bus to town and let lose at the bar

Nerdherder, PKB remix, Hopwired and Mayhem at the Malthouse, MPA at Hashigo and finished up pouring a couple at home too.

Beer I remember best for all the right reasons ? HOPWIRED, no doubt about it
Excellent brew day, missed my volume in the fermenter by a bit, but it didn't really matter. The beer tastings certainly made up for it:

Kicked off with another Sauvin SMaSH. It seems to be getting better. No oiliness or butterscotch anymore...
Mike's English IPA. Really enjoyed this, couldn't understand why he hates it so much. I wanted more.
Ninkasi Total Domination. Yum.
Mike's Double Black IPA. Yowser! Stout on roids. Big coffee and roast barley. Hops got a little lost but you knew they were there. Went well with the english garlic and black pepper saussies plus the dark chocolate rocky road after. All complemented it in different ways. Did I mention it was 9%?! Sleepy time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service