Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I rebrewed this for a keg party im having next weekend for my bday! Figure it will go down well with all the mega swill drinkers, and theres some flavour in it as well so it may even sway one or two... Ill have a keg each of US and English IPA as well of course :oD
Figure it will go down well with all the mega swill drinkers, and theres some flavour in it as well so it may even sway one or two

That's what I'm thinking too, just enough hop to keep me happy and not too much to turn the swiller's away, looks good bro.

I'm thinking if I brew it I'll swap the maize for wheat and drop the caramunich but up the munich by that amount.

I'll play it by ear on the brew day haha.

Cheers mate.
Fat Elf Ordinary... kegged last night. 3.8%, 35ibu - MO, CaraMunich2 (cos I had no crystal), Amber and Motueka at 60 and 15 only. WLP002.

Fourth time I've brewed this ordinary bitter and I've got to say Baird medium crystal (instead of caramunich2) and EKGs is the best... but I'm loving this now, even though it's still a bit all over the place, and will more so in couple of weeks. Might have to brew another one next week with with Gen2.
I've used caramunich as a sub for Crystal 60-80L a couple of time now and I reckon it's been letting my beers down. Don't see myself purchasing caramunich again for a while.

What are everyones thoughts on caramunich. What's it good for?
I rather like caramunich II and III, I find with the right yeast it can give a fruit and nut like character, it definately ferments out more than british crystal so doesnt really leave as much body in the beer I guess, so that could be why you think its letting you down??

I try to allways have some caramunich in stock!!

Its great in pale ales, I allways use it with a bit of Munich tho so I probably get the body from that that I would be missing out on maybe??
I'm with reviled - in the right beer, it's great malt. It smells so good - but it ain't UK Crystal.
Hmmm. Maybe I've just been over doing it, does 6% (300g) sound too much? I have a Schwarzbier at the moment that I'm really not enjoying and I'm blaming the caramunich.

I just remembered that Torsion had a good chunk or caramunich (400g) in it and I'll be brewing that again early next year so maybe I will be purchasing some after all...
I'd blame the pale kit, if anything... I'm not so keen on the 'special' to be honest. I like my dark beers to have a bit of huskiness about them...
I thought the Carafa Specials were supoosed to be the business - smoooth & all that ?
carafa special certainly is smooth and all that, chocolatey and mellow. just sounds like stu likes his beers with a bit of an edge...
You sure its not the S189 at 17*c mr cherry?? What are you not enjoying about the beer that makes you blame the caramunich?? and is caramunich 1 2 or 3?
i like caramunich a lot, mainly use number 2. I use it for pale and dark beers, the whole range, but i agree, it isnt a substitute for uk crystal.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service