Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Twisted Hop Sauvin, paki-paki goats cheese and fig paste with lavoche crackers. Seem to all go very deliciously.

Tried some of the Brew Dog the other day, the two imperial stouts, and the IPA. They are advertising for a brewer. I was not convinced by them. I think they lacked the whole of mouth feel I was expecting from their descriptions and styles:
Paradox Smokehead - Was described to me as "like a burnt house"...Huge smoke flavour took over almost everything
Kaos Theory - Thought it had too much malt sweetness in the beginning, with a hop bitterness that came a little too late
Paradox Springbank - Peaty and probably the best of the three as had a bit more balance

Also had the Twisted Hop oatmeal stout and 3 Boys IPA off the hand pump at bar Ed. Got to get yourself there.
Yeh, I think the same about Brew Dog. Possibly the most over-rated brewery in the world at the moment (or I've been unlucky with two very good beers and two gaddamn awful ones). I like what they're trying, just not what I've tasted.

Haven't tried any of this new import... but I am keen to try.
(Sorry Colin) But, I'd spend my money at the Beerstore. Those 3 beers cost me $50.
Have to agree, though unlike Steph, the Smokehead was a pretty good experience for me. Sent over by a good friend in the UK, and tasted great. None of the IPAs I thought were up to much, but I put that down to them having travelled. I'll certainly be trying them all again. I never write anything off on a first taste. :)
He he...You made that comment to me in some form or another more than once. For a while, Rumbles bottle shop had the brew dog fo about $7 a bottle. I'm keeping my eye out. Reckon Scotland is the place to try them, fresh...
OK, where to start. This could be a very long list. My handpumped Porter. My kegged saison and Tasty APA Barry's American Brown (not forgetting Ceri's shortbread and fudge) Tyler's Doppelbock & Scotch Ale John's Smoked Porter & 100% Peat Smoked Ale David's Bitter Tony's Christmas Lager American National Homebrew Conference Saison American National Homebrew Conference IPA Samuel Adams Longshot Tasty's Double IPA Janssen's 'Bitter & Twisted' sausages I'm sure there were some more but my memory is now rather hazy. All truly amazing. Many thanks to all those SOBA drinkers who came and shared their wares. And thanks to all of you who left some beer behind. You are all way too generous. Thank you.

Sounds like an awesome birthday. Yay for you.
Happy birthday mate. Sorry I couldn't make it. If it makes you feel any better, I brewed a giant-ass IPA today for friends. The day was not spent doing nothing! Brewing again tomorrow for the WBC. Too late perhaps? Not sure. We'll see!
Was a great arvo Martin, cheers for the bitter and twisted sausages :o)

Feeling a bit worse for wear today lol, drunk so many beers...
Yeah cheers Martin, great fun and some great beers. Shame I had to leave so early. Those Bitter & Twisted sausies were amazing!
Just spent all my money...
Stone India Pale Ale (IPA)
Stone Ruination IPA
New Belgium Fat Tire
Rogue Chocolate Stout
Rogue HazelNut Brown Nectar
Avery IPA
Bear Republic Racer 5
Maui Brewing Big Swell IPA
Flying Dog Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale
Deschutes Green Lakes Organic Ale
Alaskan IPA
Alaskan Amber
Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA
You just purchased the beer I'd put aside as your (long overdue) birthday present!
That's ok. I've got something else in mind now...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service