Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've not tried the Avraice but considering it came from the guy who gave the world Murray's 2IPA I think it will be magic. Graeme probably knows New Zealand hops - from a brewing perspective - as good as or better than anyone else.

Marlborough IPA is about as good a beer as you could squeeze out of Rakau, I reckon. It has potential but not right out there on its own.

Was at the Emerson's tasting tonight, courtesy of B-boy Bambule, and had the best Sauvin experience I've had outside of my own and Ed's (where is he by the way?) homebrew experiments... a slightly aged 'Hop Harvest' Brewer's Reserve. Delicious.
Aww man. I'm stuck between jealousy and happiness that someone got to enjoy the wonders of Emersons in my place. I instructed my fellow beer freak Leonie to give me the blow by blow description.

Your right about 666, the most amazing part about his beers are that its just NZ hops. He certainly knew how to make them sing.
Epic Armageddon IPA
Wow, what an awesome beer! Had a taste at the Thirsty Weta earlier, holy crap, it's amazing! It's like a bag of tropical fruit boiled lollies on the nose, just so sweet and pungent and tasty, with a really nice malty, nutty body that balances out the bitterness which was like sucking on tree sap afterwards. If I were a girl, I'd just about have this beers babies. I'm really looking forward to the bottle in my garage now... fuck the hop crisis, don't make this a seasonal beer, make it full-bloody-time!
"fuck the hop crisis, don't make this a seasonal beer, make it full-bloody-time!"

+1!!!!

Last night was awesome, getting pissed on IPA's is great!! Was good to catch up with everyone, allthough Luke seemed pretty busy chatting up a group of girls ;o) haha

I started with Armageddon cos id tried maximus before... Such an awesome hop aroma, different to maximus in its more citrus and other fruits with subtle hints of pine, really good balance with the malt flavours and perilously drinkable!

Then I had a Maximus, the hop aroma seemed stronger, complex straight out of the tap but when it warms slightly the beer turned into a fucking pine tree! It was like pure pine sap in a glass with the aroma trying to claw its way out of the glass and take a swing at your taste buds! The hop flavour and bitterness was alot stronger, making it not as easy to drink, but I didnt care as I savoured it!

They ran out of Armageddon before I coule get a 2nd one :o( So we were on Maximus the rest of the night...

I dont want to pick... I like both of em... Great job guys! Cheers!
Agreed hard bro.

Awesome night, awesome beers, awesome folk. Can't beat it.
I hate you for getting off work glen :oP When I didnt :o( lol
Indeed an awesome night. Man it was busy in there!

I too started with an Armageddon and was stunned at how drinkable it is this year. Shedloads of hop, but loads of sweet malt too. Delicious.

Then Steve shoved a Maximus under my nose and I just burst out laughing. Pure joy. The hops climbed out of the glass and slapped me around, then it just got better. Awesome stuff, truly awesome.

Great to see so many SOBA faces last night. We truly rocked the Brew.

I made an escape at a sensible time as I needed to be on my game today. Slept like a baby - must have been all those hops!
The question begs whether the showing outdid Wellington... only those who were at both can answer...

I hope that you Aucklanders gave those beersnob Wellingtonians a run for their money.
Well, we drained them dry of Armageddon................
yeah you buggers I turned up about 10.30 and there was none left!

My fault, sorry I missed you all, I got stuck at my dinner. But managed an Epic.

Just having an Emerson's- JP. WOW, what a beer. I had a 3 boys oyster stout, last night before I went out. Man I wish I could brew a stout like that. I think it by far my fav stout at the moment and it's going to take some beating, it never fails to impress me.
I didnt get to the AKL gig, but we did get through quite a bit more of Armageddon in Wellington....... and back on thread.... BrewDog Devine Rebel... WoW!
Bloody keg spat gas & froth at me last night - had to keg the Pukehuia Toru (Kid Choc Clone III) - bottled the remainder tonight.
Just having the last pint from the fermenter now. Fermented warmer despite the cold snap, slightly fruiter, bit more estery, bit more butterscotch. Lingering hints of brown malt and beautifully clear.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service