Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bastards! I got an invite but was otherwise engaged hosting my parents birthday dinner (both their birthdays last week). Oh, well, we did drink PKB, VBA, Tuatara Pilsner and finish with a 21yo Balvenie so it wasn't all bad.

Yeh, I tried all of those versions at the tasting last year. A truly memorable beer experience. I've tried a couple more at the brewery too... Westmalle and something else. Can't remember now as Richard was dishing them out so fast. Would love to try the Ardennes/Achouffe as I've used that yeast a bit myself now. (hint hint).
The Very Brown Ale came really good in the last week or so.

It did, didn't it? Almost a little PKB-like in the hoppyness which shone through. It was like a totally different beer to the first half of the keg we were drinking at the RCC. So much so that Allan Hawkes and I went to check to ensure the same keg was still hooked up. Never seen a change like that in kegged beer before.
Yeh, it came up really good. So much so that I actually sent Richard a message saying so... I've done the same to other brewers in the past. I'm sure it's nice to get a positive word now and then. We beer geeks do love to bitch.
Fuck.
Fuck, you bet me to it.
Had a few mates over last night for pre-drinks, finished the keg of my Rice IPA, then asked if people wanted a Pliny ;o) Couple of my mates were absolutely amazed, the look of confusion at the aroma and the taste on their faces was hilarious!!

Then we went to a mates leaving do at Sale St in town, its a brew on premises place but its fairly prissy.. They had three beers that they brew and the rest of the taps were full of the usual crap, I tried the Ponsonby Gold which was a fairly non offensive slightly sweet and bready lager which I guess wasnt too bad, but definately not my cup of tea, and I also tried the Red Indian Pale Ale, made with pale, amber and choc malts, and hopped with Hallertau - this beer definately had some hop aroma, but it was also slightly metallic in the bitterness, I ended up struggling to finish it...
You know the best thing about IPAs? Is giving one to someone who things they're all 'hard' and shit and can drink anything, and then watching their faces as their mouths split, tongues melt and the enamel is stripped from their teeth - absolutely priceless.

Is the one on Sale street Shakespears? I've never been there, heard it's not that flash though, have been meaning to get down to have a try.
Sale St is fucking awful and their beers are shit - don't bother.
The Shakespeare is on Albert St - can't remember what the beers are like there.
I've just blogged about what I'm drinking. I don't do that often. This was special.

http://www.hamiltron.net/2009/06/beer-as-old-as-i-am/
that's awesome Greig.... you're a lucky man. Good to know you know it.

ps. I will reply to your email. Just been a hectic weekend. When isn't it?
No rush mate. I know what busy is! As do the 6 or 7 SOBA members waiting to be processed... sorry guys! ;)
I keep on meaning to ask you about that too. My membership card is well expired (Feb) and I can't remember when I last paid subs?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service