Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fuck yeah, initially bought 2kg of it for a Dunkles Weißbier (I think), but Wigram never have wheat malt in... so Will used it for the pale ale. It's awesome, 'cause I've felt our beer has lacked enough maltyness so far. So yeah, I <3 Munich :D Now we've just gotta try and source some more...
I allways try to have a fair amount of it cos I use between 500g to a kilo in everything, more in really malty beers, my Doppelbock was about 80% munich :o) Tastes awesome even before fermentations finished lol

The NZ Pale can definately use beefing up IMO and Munich is the perfect malt to do it!
Herr you should get out and try Green Man Strong, its the same whisky bock blended with their Best bitter and I prefer it over the celt.. The whisky bock I found a bit hard going by itself personally..
Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for it. Haven't had the Whisky Bock yet, probably tonight.
Yeah sorry about not hanging around!!! Started that day with a Kaipoi WM Club Club Draught, now thats a beer for the masses sweet sickly and nothing, than onto a Jug of Cantaburys finest!! after all that I woundered to myself why did I do that!! I honestly felt sick from it, and im not joking!! Than onto the Hop for an Oatmeal Stout, Golding and a Twisted Ankle. Beers were in outstanding nik that night amazing!! Probably allways are!! Now Just having my Piny the Amarillo this babys going to take some conditioning!! it all pepery cat piss at the moment!! Lovely!!
Did you brew a pliny clone mate??

Spent the night at hallertau with my flatmate and it was awesome! Went to get 2 kegs and ended up having dinner and a few beers :o) Steve Bakers Porter was tasting awesome, allthough the Saison wasnt on which I was a bit gutted about!

Had a Statesman which was loaded with US hops and tasting great! The slightest hint of NZ hops in there which worked really well!

The best part tho Hallertau's WEST COAST IPA!!!!! Only a small taster, but man, MASSIVE hop aroma, like mango's and goosberry, an awesome hoppy sweetness on the palate and so damn drinkable its not funny! Steve youre a legend, cheers :o)

Amargeddon is gonn a have to be good to beat this :o) I cant wait till the 24th!!!
Nah not yet I got no Simcoe!! got some fresh WLP001 Waiting for it though!! And I need some US Cascade my KG has all gone!!
Im not surprised with what you brew ;o) lol, I guess were all waiting on Jo's shipment so we can get hooked up lol
Me, jealous? Nah, not much.......

So is Steve's Porter on at Hallertau now, or were you just getting cheaky samples? Like you were getting of the Maximus. I refer you back to my lack of jealousy (he says, turning green and exploding).
Steves Porter is on tap at Hallertau, I had a pint and it was tasting awesome!! Only about 200 litres tho apparantly so you might need to get in quick...

Looking forward to trying your handpumped ale tonight mate :o)
I have had an unbelievable week of beer...
Tuesday:
- Pot Kettle Black off the tap (x2)
- Bring Your Daughter to the Porter off the hand pull (x2)
- Bring Your Daughter to the Porter off the tap
They ran out of PKB on the hand pump before I could taste it! Bum.

Friday:
- Renaissance APA
- Renaissance Perfection
- 666 Diablo (5.4%, brewed at the Lighthouse)
- Renaissance Elemental
- Pink elephant Golden Tusk
- Pink Elephant Mammoth
- Renaissance Stonecutter
- 666 Avarice (7.5% NZIPA, tasting bloody fine, will be a runnout when available commerically)
- Renaissance Marlbourgh PA (8.5%, probably my favourite beeer of the night)
- Pink Elephant Trumpet (10%, crazy beer).
Big thanks to Brian for the riggers of Renaissance MPA in my fridge - Colin - will bring one in for you.

Saturday night - 2007 Emerson's JP tasting:
- 2007 JP with Rochefort yeast, together with Rochefort 6
The Rochefort 6 was the worst beer of the evening - flat, chunky, tired and un-interesting
- 2007 JP with Chimay yeast, with Chimay white
The Chimay was slightly more lively and fresh than the JP but both pured with good head and were a tasty drop
- 2007 JP with Duvel yeast, with Duvel
The lightest and clearest of the bunch, the JP was nearing the end of its life
- 2007 JP with Unibrou yeast with the Unibrou Maudite
The JP was unbelievable, lively, spicy and delicious. The Maudite was in excellent condition (thanks beerstore). These two were the best of the bunch and I would love to have drunk more...
- 2007 commerical JP - with the Chimay yeast
Got to say, it was good but didn't beat the Unibrou
- Kawakawa lager brewed by Colin's 14 year old neighbour
Surprisingly good, spritzy, gingery and crisp. Wish I had a 14 year old neighbour who brewed beer

And, finally:
- Fuller's brewers reserve, Limited edition, Oak Aged for 30 days in single malt casks
Tastedbuds were shot so I didn't give it justice but barley wine like without the high alcohol - only 7.7%
Thanks to Geoff for bringing two bottles and leaving one behind. It is in the cellar for a short time, waiting for the next good time.
Wow good stuff Steph! Where abouts did you try the 666? Has it made it to welly?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service