Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

What are people using to measure their mash pH? I have looked at pH meters from Dick Smiths and various garden supply retailers, which offer a similar digital pH meter, which has a temp range of up to 50 degrees C. Has anyone tried these or is there a better option?
Cheers Gerry

Views: 1176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll donate a kilo or 2 to replace the loss... who is with me?

What's your recipe Dale?
I have about a kilo or so of the global pilsner left over Jo, so can offer that to the brewing Gods.
Thanks very much Jo and James that is an awesome offer. I'd fell bad taking that tho your guys advice has been awesome and so much help. I suppose this is just one of those things aye. At least it was only the grain was sparging when I got the responses so never put the hops in.

Have just finished tipping and washing the gear out with water. Have milled up so new grain and will have another go tomorrow night.

Thanks again
Lab warehouse have pH meters on sale right now for $50, down from $120: http://www.labwarehouse.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=853&...

I'm seriously considering buying one at that price...
Thats sooooo cheap, maybe I should get another one at that price lol
Hey, I'd be keen to grab one and share postage? I'm in CHCH next weekend.
That is a good deal.

But I'd rather spend the 50 bucks on some colourphast strips or something, pH meters are a pain in the arse.
Ah crap, just yesterday handed over $79 to DSE for the exact same meter (but branded with DSE, I suppose thats worth the extra $29!), As I also spotted this meter in Wigram Brewing's brewhouse this morning, you could say that this is the meter the professionals use!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service