Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi there.
I am passionate about beer and have just started to brew my own beer, I have just finished my first 2 exract brews, and have caught the bug.
I am realy wanting to get into All grain. I have read all the internet info I can find, all of it quite technical but not daughting but would love to here from fellow brewers on the best and most effective way to start my own all grain home brew setup from purchasing grains to drinking all info would be appriciated.

Views: 1296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah i was looking at gettin one of those electric urns, maybe one of those ones off craftbrewer if i save enough coin. Then i wouldnt have to worry bout a pot, burner, all that stuff. Even if i did change the way i brew in the future, it would still get used
Im looking for a 8-10 Litre urn myself to use as an HLT to make it easier for myself on brew day :o)
Man you can turn your old Fermenters into a electric 35L HLT for less than that!!
Man you can turn your old Fermenters into a electric 35L HLT bucket o death for less than that!!
I know but I dont really want a big one... Hmm, actually one of those shitty macs fermenters would be ideal, anyone got one they want to get rid of? lol
You might as well convert it bro!! For when you go conventional, you will need it for a HLT
That is conventional brewing as far as I'm concerned... His bag is acting as the false bottom. The only step he's missing out on is the vorlauf.

I can see Tyler now... In his professional brewery... 2000L batches... Pulling up the wool bag size BIAB bag with a big old block and tackle...
Its not conventional brewing ;oP Go on, admit it, BIAB is the biz ;o) haha

Yes the bag is acting as a false bottom, but, there are differences between what im doing and conventional brewing, what about all that wort that gets left behind when I lift the 'false bottom' out?? That doesnt happen with conventional brewing... So there ;oP lol

"I can see Tyler now... In his professional brewery... 2000L batches... Pulling up the wool bag size BIAB bag with a big old block and tackle..."

lol, ive often had a vision of this myself ;o) Id love to be the first commercial BIAB'er... ahahaha... But the bags polyester, not wool ;oP
Classic!!!!!!! hahaha!!!
You misunderstood - you know those huge bags that we export wool in? They hold a cubic meter of the stuff.... One of them!
I think I know what youre talking bout but I havnt seen one...

Are they a type of mesh bag? lol
stop flirting with him!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service