Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just watch where you plant it, it will go berserk in the right conditions (which is not entirely a bad thing). I have seen them cover, half a house. But if you cut them right back after harvest they will come back better and stronger next year. I drool with envy.

Holy crap, this thing is growing like a f*cking devil possessed!
Mine grew about the same amount over a few days. Tallest is at about 2.5m now (danscade), second is at about 1.2m (smoothcone), the other two danscade have only got a couple of buds, not enough sun in that spot :-(
Hmmm, mines a smoothcone and its not growing hardcore :o( Maybe smoothcones a bit of a slower grower than danscade?
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Which surprises me because it was a hop breed and grown commercially in NZ for a while so I would have thought it would have been good for our climate.

Is yours first year as well?
I think so, I got a small rhyzome off of Steve at Hallertau, it was tiny as and has made some progress, no buds yet tho..

It also seems to have stopped growing recently, it had a small one sprout next to it which went like the clappers for a lil while, and then stopped??? :o(

The one with the boot Glass is the Danscade thanks to Denimglen. The other on which is way bigger is the smoothcone.
I have been taking cuttings from the extra (new) runners that have been sprouting lately. There are 6 shoots on the danscade, and so far I have collected 2 surplus cuttings. I wonder what I could possibly do with these... The smoothcone grows like wild fire - I grew a whole vine from a cutting I took: it was only a leaf!!!
Who needs garden gnomes when you've got boots full of beer instead !

After 2 weeks, the Danscade cuttings have rooted! I still have no idea what I am going to do with these... I dont realy have room in the garden. Any suggestions? Cough!! swap??? Cough!!!?? COUGH!!!! And Yes - The thing on my finger is a splint. I broke it pretty good at work on the weekend.
Nice, just rooted in water?
Correct. Heaps of shoots came up - and I figured I would be safe with 4 - so I kept 6 on the vine and removed any extras, and kept them in a cup of water on the window sill.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service