Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok - so this might seem a little weird and PC by my usual standards but in team meetings at work I encourage people to give a quick "barometer" check of their week to see how they are going. It helps people crystallize their thoughts into the essential things that are going on. So I thought I would try it here on the forum.
There are only 3 rules:
1. You must provide an answer when asked as you would in a team meeting at work - if you are lucky enough ;-) (volunteer out of turn - it's fine on a forum);
2. You may have as many highs for the week as you can reasonably think of but at least one is compulsory; and
3. You may have a maximum of only 1 low for the week.

So what are my items this week? Glad you asked....

Highs:
1. California Lager yeast (Wyeast 2112) - wow, just loving it and the fact that beers take so little time to condition up!
2. Quick disconnects for my gas on my corny kegging system - how did I live before hand. If people want to get you a cheap but valuable present for birthday/father's day/any other reason then get them to buy you a QD's for less than $35.
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=964

Low:
1. Promising 15L of beer to a friend on Friday 30th May and knowing that you don't have a hope in hell as it's that good it won't last that long! ;-)

B

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Highs
-Won the WnBC on Saturday.
-Got PH meter and Refractometer and GPS for birthday on Saturday.

Lows
- Cronic stomach ache from the meat fest of a Birthday BBQ.
Congrats on the win Simon!!

High's

-Finding out I am booked into a motel just down the road from Hallertau this Sat, might have to go check out this place you guys keep talking about.

-Bottling my Dunkel.

Low's

-having a fg of 1.022 :(

"Low's -having a fg of 1.022"  That's not that low ;) 

I was aiming for 1.014, still trying to figure out why I didn't get down that far.

Guess I can tend to sulk abit when things don't totally go as planned lol :)

had the same thing happen to my dunkel - finished out unexpectedly high at 1.02. Curse of the dunkels?

About three hours ago..

http://www.beerstore.co.nz/images/IMG00039-20110713-1645.jpg

A pallet of German beer bites the dust while unloading..

:-(

*Edit* Got to get some Humor out of this..

*Edit 2* in case it wasn't obvious, this is a low.

Thats horrible. To lose that amount of quality beer is a tragedy.

It could be worse though, your business could of been in Christchurch......................

True.. I'm not suggesting for a second that they are the same..
oh dear... that is awful. and all that broken glass means licking it up is not really an option!

This is what 20L of Pot Kettle Black Clone looks like on a brewery floor.  The keg popped its lid.... Oh fuck. 

The only positive is the house smells really, really nice at the moment!

Gutted mate, sorry for your loss. I can empathise.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service