Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok - so this might seem a little weird and PC by my usual standards but in team meetings at work I encourage people to give a quick "barometer" check of their week to see how they are going. It helps people crystallize their thoughts into the essential things that are going on. So I thought I would try it here on the forum.
There are only 3 rules:
1. You must provide an answer when asked as you would in a team meeting at work - if you are lucky enough ;-) (volunteer out of turn - it's fine on a forum);
2. You may have as many highs for the week as you can reasonably think of but at least one is compulsory; and
3. You may have a maximum of only 1 low for the week.

So what are my items this week? Glad you asked....

Highs:
1. California Lager yeast (Wyeast 2112) - wow, just loving it and the fact that beers take so little time to condition up!
2. Quick disconnects for my gas on my corny kegging system - how did I live before hand. If people want to get you a cheap but valuable present for birthday/father's day/any other reason then get them to buy you a QD's for less than $35.
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=964

Low:
1. Promising 15L of beer to a friend on Friday 30th May and knowing that you don't have a hope in hell as it's that good it won't last that long! ;-)

B

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lows
1) 40L of amber ale ditched last night (I went to keg the beer last night and some little "brewery assistant" has obviously pulled the airlock out at some point in the last week - sure enough there was a nice thick white skin on top the beer)
2) Had a tooth pulled out last week
3) @VodafoneNZ (on twitter) would not swap aforementioned iTooth for an iPhone (note, it was a whitetooth not a bluetooth)
4) Lost my favourite pair of sunglasses walking the dog last week...

Highs:
1) I still love beer and I drink great beer almost every day... in the last week alone: Thornbridge, Emersons, Invercargill, Yeastie Boys, lots of Eastie Boys, Three Boys, Epic, Stella (and it was GOOD!)
2) Ruakura visit (25/2) and Welly Beerfest (06/03) coming soon!
Lows
1) 40L of amber ale ditched last night (I went to keg the beer last night and some little "brewery assistant" has obviously pulled the airlock out at some point in the last week - sure enough there was a nice thick white skin on top the beer)

Hahaha:) little shits!!! When they start brewing you will have to do it to pay them back and to affirm how important sanitation is!!
Ah yes, I've caught the "Brewery Assistant" a couple of times trying to remove the Bubble Maker...

Need a lock on the brewery door.
Well since I forgot about this Discussion I might add to it,

Lows

1) Eising my US Brown IPA Lite, I was wondering why I couldnt get any out of the keg un-did the out post a it was frozen solid shook the keg and it didnt move the thing was frozen solid!! Damn these Low ethanol beers!! all the other (REALBEER) High ethanol models beside it were perfect!!

Highs

1) First Bad fermention!! Well it makes me happy as I planned or it and it happened I wasnt expecting acetaldehyde but damn got it I was wanting phenolics and bad esters but it is clean apart from the mouthfull of apples, it also is essentuated by the hops used!! Nice!!
2) Hashigo Zake Takeaways so good for the people with new babys and for the people who live in paradise.
3) 1272 what a revelation and such a nice change to mind mundane clean ameriacn ale yeasts typlicly used!! Cheers Mr Cherry (Dont get me wrong I love WLP001/US05) I just which I spun more up!!
"1) First Bad fermention!!"

Mate, that is awesome, guess it shows that US-05 is just so abusable :o)
Yes and that was my mission!! Butttttttttttttttttttttttt............................ I had one the other night and im getting the feeling the yeast that is in there is reabsorbing it, Fuck!! maybee it next time I use 1 gram less again??
Lows- Im drinking a ranfurly and enjoying it because I havent brewed for months and cant afford anything else.
- the constant trips back and forth from the freezer to try and keep my immersed fermentor under 18c.
- the tap water is well over 20c which makes chilling a mish.

Highs- Got a bag of Maris from tammy last week, some rogue pacman from tony, wednesdays brew has finished.
- No more ranfurly
Stu your a sick man trying to flog body parts on Trade Me!!!
The low:

My laptop decided to throw a fit... and beersmith was not backed up.... receipes gone. Thankfully I have published the important ones.

The High:

Chocolate stout is tasting pretty good, not perfect, but drinkable.
My laptop decided to throw a fit

ha !
Computers are over rated anyway
Low
-My very promising weizenbock turning into an inadvertent sour beer

Highs
-Getting three(!) other brews done and all three of them going pretty smoothly
-Cracking open the 3lb of US hops that my parents brought when they were visiting from Canada recently
-Brewjolais day! (I'm sure.)
Highs:
Renaissance
Moa
The Free House, Nelson (perfect pub, great beer, a family atmosphere, awesome staff and owners)
Daniel's dancing and pool expertise
Marchfest (wow! stunning beers - 10 new beers brewed especially for the event by 10 breweries, excellent brewer presentations, great music, great food, really really cool people).
Miss Marchfest
The Mussel Inn (I'd drive twice as far just to spend half the time there!)
the men and women of SOBA
Daniel not getting to shave my head

Lows:
Monday morning
The lack of interest in raising money to shave my head - think of those poor pigs people!

My favourite beers of the festival:
* Moa Resurrection
* Rennaissance Funkelyrysen
* Totara Ninkasi Green

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service