Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok - so this might seem a little weird and PC by my usual standards but in team meetings at work I encourage people to give a quick "barometer" check of their week to see how they are going. It helps people crystallize their thoughts into the essential things that are going on. So I thought I would try it here on the forum.
There are only 3 rules:
1. You must provide an answer when asked as you would in a team meeting at work - if you are lucky enough ;-) (volunteer out of turn - it's fine on a forum);
2. You may have as many highs for the week as you can reasonably think of but at least one is compulsory; and
3. You may have a maximum of only 1 low for the week.

So what are my items this week? Glad you asked....

Highs:
1. California Lager yeast (Wyeast 2112) - wow, just loving it and the fact that beers take so little time to condition up!
2. Quick disconnects for my gas on my corny kegging system - how did I live before hand. If people want to get you a cheap but valuable present for birthday/father's day/any other reason then get them to buy you a QD's for less than $35.
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=964

Low:
1. Promising 15L of beer to a friend on Friday 30th May and knowing that you don't have a hope in hell as it's that good it won't last that long! ;-)

B

Views: 679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeh, Liam Finn is much much more than "the son of Neil". He's a livewire. And has talent to burn. Still remember the first time I saw this, it was quite a shock for someone who'd previously thought of him as just a guy fronting a teenage pop band.
Then at the 7 Worlds Collide gig early this year he was outstanding... really held his own (stood out even!) amongst some of the best musicians I've ever seen play.

Good luck with that SMaSH beer... early days, hopefully it's not as bad as you suspect. At least let it be good enough for serving up to mates on some occasion.
I don't know Stu, I quite like my mates. ;)

I'd written Liam off after hearing Betchadupa, and thinking "yawn, decidedly average. If he succeeds, it'll be solely because of Neil." Well, I've never been happier to be so wrong. So much talent. He's taken the best things from his old man, and combined, improved, and personalised them with his own amazing talent. I was completely blown away. I now want a Boss RC-2. ;)
awesome.

still got my fingers crossed that you've misinterpreted the beer... i know I've done that once or twice.
I really hope so...

In other news, I couldn't resist. Bought the loop pedal.
as the renatal car agent said to me the other day, upon seeing my 'NZ v Bahrain World Cup Qualifier' t-shirt: "Nooiiiiiiice!"
Highs; Getting to brew on Saturday for the first time in 3 weeks
To get to brew another beer tomorrow night!!
Birthday Beers at the Malthouse this Friday!!

Lows; No Beer during the week again:(
Lows

girlfriend off to WLG for the next 8 months Mon-Fri

Highs

New job
Latest pilot with 2112 started to ferment
more excuse to visit WLG
girlfriend off to WLG for the next 8 months Mon-Fri

Give it a year or two and that will be a high bro ;-)
No sweat mate I went to Wellington for two years and saw Katie once every month or two.... 12 years and two kids later.....
Heh - Gold Glen

Cheers James - gives me more time to perfect my brewing i think
Highs:

1. Went out to white cliffs for a tasting last night. The Ale is getting my respect - it is so good.
2. Meeting up with the WBC boys again - the Saison is gonna be wicked next year.
3. My "Ruined Nation" IIPA is looking and smelling wicked az bro, even after a fermant of 20 degrees with the 007 yeast.

Lows

Came home for lunch yesterday, and just after Poppy fell down the harth and bumped her head on the ground, I heard a "Kachink" from the basement. I put the crying baby on the floor... ran down stairs to see fizzy brown caramel smelling liquid pouring out from the gap under the door. No less than 7 broken bottles of 2009 Barleywine later, I remember why I hate bottling so much. DON'T STACK CARDBOARD BOXES PEOPLE!!!!!
Mother Fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats got to hurt. Hmmm cant wait to try this Ruined Nation, I got a feeling it will be better than the real thing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service