Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok - so this might seem a little weird and PC by my usual standards but in team meetings at work I encourage people to give a quick "barometer" check of their week to see how they are going. It helps people crystallize their thoughts into the essential things that are going on. So I thought I would try it here on the forum.
There are only 3 rules:
1. You must provide an answer when asked as you would in a team meeting at work - if you are lucky enough ;-) (volunteer out of turn - it's fine on a forum);
2. You may have as many highs for the week as you can reasonably think of but at least one is compulsory; and
3. You may have a maximum of only 1 low for the week.

So what are my items this week? Glad you asked....

Highs:
1. California Lager yeast (Wyeast 2112) - wow, just loving it and the fact that beers take so little time to condition up!
2. Quick disconnects for my gas on my corny kegging system - how did I live before hand. If people want to get you a cheap but valuable present for birthday/father's day/any other reason then get them to buy you a QD's for less than $35.
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=964

Low:
1. Promising 15L of beer to a friend on Friday 30th May and knowing that you don't have a hope in hell as it's that good it won't last that long! ;-)

B

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I reckon thats what it would be, I got a dud pair of bottles from a wine shop, they were a month before their expiry...
Sitting on a warm shelf too, I bet.

I'm guessing that problem is a thing of the past because the acetaldehyde is...
Vinegar is definitely what I got. Sorry, "sour" wasn't a very good description. The expiries I can't recall, other than they didn't appear to be a problem.
Highs:
Mike's Smoked porter, what an absolute gem! Perfect beer for a cold sunday arvo.
Stu's mild, donned my flat cap and sipped on that on friday night....reminded me of banks' mild!
Epic Pale ale at D4....thank goodness i've finally got a good one...i've had such a bad run lately!

Lows:
The monteiths range at a work function, monteiths black first up to see how the 'banana esters' were going....drank half and gave up....tried the summer....wow what a pile of shit, ginger beer shandy...moved on to wine, dunno what it was but it was red, drank it with fish so got all sorts of dirty looks! Apart from the monteiths had a great night, finished off with a couple of pints of yebisu, very nice
High: Chch brewers meet up. Surrepitous tasting for Herr Schnapps' stout and irish red. Both are excellent beers, those uni boys are on to something.

Low: The state of my stomach on Saturday. I was in pizza and lemonade mode ALL DAY.
High: Finally got some Twisted Hop IPA on beer engine @ Malthouse

Low: wont be able to keep Kempicus out the bar till its done ( Only joking my friend!)
My busy calendar is suddenly sporting a large hole this afternoon...
Low:
Malthouse not opening until 3pm.
Just spotted: Kempicus running down Victoria Street, headed south towards Courtenay Place.

Batten down the hatches!
Low : No Malthouse in Auckland this year :o( And no Epic Imp for me to try :o(
holy crap! I'll be in this arvo! :0)
Is there any left so that I can have a few pints tomorrow?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service