Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems brother jt has found his kryptonite - hope you recover soon jt!

A couple of sips of late hopped pale should see you right!!

I was a real pig after that Chris - pints of Sauvin Brown to cleanse the pallette

Is this research before you scratch the Coopers itch again Mr Cherry ?

Is this research before you scratch the Coopers itch again Mr Cherry ?

Nope.  Coopers beers are so easily obtainable and well priced now that I don't feel the need to brew them.  

the local bottle store has started stocking epic pale and armageddon so i got a couple of each-first time i've tried either of them, really liked them both ( a mate asked if the pale was one of my homebrews;) had a taste and went back to his speights!) i know whats in the pale as i've heard the podcast but there is an aroma in the armageddon i couldn't place-is it from sauvin? i'm pretty sure thats what i could taste?
i just looked on the epic website,no sauvin-is that simcoe i'm tasting then?
I think it's (most of) the USA "C" hops from memory - Centennial, Chinook, Cascade. I'm sure Luke will tell us when he's back from 'laxing on the beach! :)

All ingredients including hops of all epic beers are on the website

http://epicbeer.com/epic-armageddon-ipa/

Armageddon = Cascade, Centennial, Columbus and Simcoe. Have backed off on the Simoce of late as it can get that sick over ripe mango character 

cheers luke, i might have the other bottle tonight with the tasting notes at hand
Well tonight it's going to have to be Leffe Blonde, having seen 4 packs with chalice for $15 at the local Countdown, couldn't resist grabbing a couple.
I picked up one of those 4 packs with the chalice also. Nice glass but the quality is very poor. My glass cracked when I put it in 55c water for a wash. The beers lasted longer than the glass. Oh, well, another lesson learned.

Didn't happen to notice if they had anything else there?  I know they've got the Warsteiner also, hoping for a Duvel pack haha.

Got $100 voucher for Countdown from work but don't usually go there.

There were also Hoegaarden packs that I saw. Some countdowns/foodtowns are better than others. You'll find Epic, Moa plus a few others at some outlets.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service