Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Godspeed you, Black Emperor....

(so, the natural question is: when's that on?)
Townsend's Old House ESB (the purple label). This brewery stood out to me at Beervana, due to the masterful malting, my first sober tasting..and its like a flashback to real ale pubs in Bath. Malty, smooth (at 5.3%), not that bitter but its there. I have 2 more to try, might save those for beergeek@hallertau.
I'm excited that this will be on, dispensed from handpump from the cask not a bag, at the Ruakura Campus Club this Friday. Hamiltronians, get in early and fill yer boots. The last cask of Townshend/666 Sutton Hoo vanished in 90 minutes. A new RCC record.
I've been a Townshend supporter for a long time... his consistency was a bit up and down but he now has temp control, so that'll change. His best beers are, in my opinion, amongst the very best in the country. If I had to pick one session beer to be on tap at my house, it'd be Cathcarts. (Actually, I did that for my wedding and it was a remix of Cathcarts - his beer but I picked some different hop varieties).
I'll second that! We had a bag of that wedding beer too. It was nice, but unfortunately, the bag format let it down. Never mind, here's to real cask ale! :)
pfft! Perhaps someone's not serving it right up there?
Emersons Clam Stout - Brought back from wellington and enjoyed last night. Pours like ink with no visible carb other than the 2 finger tan head which sticks like glue. I can barely even make out the red hue this beer is so black! Chocolate and something strange on the nose, the only word I can think of is 'fresh', im not sure why - I guess this is a good time to say ive never tried clams at all so maybe its that? Rich full mouthfeel with a really bitter slightly roasty finish. Pretty damn good stout but IMO the bitterness kills it a little, I think if it was dialed back this would be so silky and creamy and delicious!!

Still, interesting none the less, but not as good as 3 boys Oyster Stout...
Last year I thought it was every bit as good as the Oyster... I've only had a tiny sample of the bottled one, at Beervana, but you've reminded me to take a look.

And you've just reminded me about the last Brewer's Reserve (Grace Jones Porter). How good was that beer!? One of the best this year. When Emerson's nail a black beer there ain't many better.
"When Emerson's nail a black beer there ain't many better"

Totally agree, i loved the oatmeal stout and their porter is amazing!!
I've got a bottle of this for tonight, really looking forward to it.

Also got the Tuatara APA and the Epic Portamarillo.

Looking forward to it indeed.
Have also got some YB Punk squirreled away.
interested to hear your thoughts on all those...

i had my last bottle of punk' a couple of weeks back but I'm taking 20L to Taupo next weekend for the post 160km celebrations
Getting a little bit cooking lager on things I'm trying a DAB Original from a can. Only $2.99 for 500ml and therefore cheaper than Cooper per ml even when that's on special!
Its golden pale, no head. Sweet malt. Flabby. Not really very nice, but still, thrifty drinking is fun every now and then.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service