Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dry hopping ?

yes, I was wondering but probably avoiding.
really won't consider, if at all, until I take a hydrometer reading later in the week
Just put down an IPA: 23ltr:

6kg NZ pilsner
320g Carapils
then at the last 10min of your boil throw in upto 200grms depending on the aa% your choice of hop pellets. I used a mix of Hallertau, Nel Sauv and SA. Amazing aroma's keen to see how it turns out. Has anyone else tried a similar recipe? pitched at 1.060
Milled 10kg of heavily peated pale malt last night for this evening's 30L brew: Rex Attitude.
Willamette hops in the kettle and US-05 in the FV...

Only the second time I've ever brewed the same beer twice in a row. The other was an ordinary bitter that I brewed with fuggles one week and then east kent goldings the week after.
Hey stu, where are you getting your heavy peated malt, what sort of phenol level does it have, and what price you getting it for? :)

I'm planning a scotch and need to order a sack of the stuff, interested to know if there is anywhere better than brewers coop to be ordering from.

The brew sounds tasty, btw!
Hi Richard

I had a 25kg bag of 41ppm in amongst a load of base malts that I had delivered from Cryer Malt (I order through my commercial account, which most people obviously can't do).

I've still got a bit left... How much do you need? I have a bit left that'll probably just hang about now - after this batch of homebrew, I'll be brewing 1200L of the stuff (early next year) so don't intend to do any more homebrewing in that space in the next 6-12 months.

I'll be looking at smaller quantities (1-5kg) of specialty malts soon and will order them through Jo at ww.libertybrewing.co.nz. Him and Mike at Brewerscoop are the two I'd recommend from experience.

Cheers
Stu
Oh ok, I forget that you commercial chaps are around sometimes! I didn't see a 25kg option for it at Liberty. I'm not set in how much I need, I was just going to get at whole sack and let that determine how much scotch I'm making. If you're looking for a home for what you've got left I would be happy to take it off your hands though, because more is more and more is good :)
because more is more and more is good :)
I thought faster was fresher and fresh was best (or some other bullshit)

Jo or Mike will definitely be able to hook you up a whole bag at a good price, no worries. And if you want my leftovers, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement... drop me a direct message.
I know I said I dont like Peated Malt but I now must try this beer!!! So if you have a spare floating around I would be a willing recipient of it!!
Can't say I like peated malt either Mike, but you've got to try the beer !
I'm just brewing another 30L right now so you are welcome to one of the riggers I was going to send away... you've given me so many beers over the years (in fact I'm still waiting to drink your 13% bretted barleywine!!

Can I drop it somewhere for you? (besides upper hutt or reikiorangi!!?)
Yip for sure!! will msg ya
wasn't as good a brew day as last time... I hate brewing at night. Still, the beer is in the fermenter and soon (hopefully) it will be on its way to various bellies (including mine).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service