Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bit of a bigger and bigger night tonight.

Last bottle of DB Export Beer - less is less. Still prettily packaged tho. 5.35%
Kaimai Pale Ale - export only. Lots of caramel but soft and drinkable. Took me a while to realize it was 6.8%
Robot Dog Brewing Co Big Angry - some hot alcohol with spicy notes. 7.6%
Emersons JP 2010. Its damn near big beer perfection. 8%
JP 2010 is my biggest hard on of the year. Damn it's a good beer. Perfection really - I can't describe it any other way.
Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Imperial Helles Bock. 8.3%. Sweet, alcoholic after-taste; bit of hop character. I wasn't sure if I would like this but I do. I wasn't sure about the sweetness but it actually seems to be working really well. Both Jonny and I are enjoying it. It is balanced.

Have quite a few home brews to get through tonight. Am really excited as most of my home brewer friends are equal to most my my brewer friends...
Drinking ?

The second Porter attempt. The brother Bob keg finally ran dry tonight, luckily I had Mk II on hand
Went with the version with styrians as well as the cascade - which really rounds it out
Just a shame I was in a hurry, it's a bit dirty with a few floaties .. maybe next time I'll get it right
Ally McG's IPA - lovely smooth, well rounded bitterness. Not in your face, just perfect. I like it, my wife likes it, please post a recipe!
Cheers Nick, pleased you and your wife liked it.

Gladfields Pale Malt 77.92%
Carapils 12.99%
Rye Malt 6.49%
Chelsea Sugar 2.6%

42.6IBU Simcoe at 30
15.2 IBU Simcoe at 15
2.1IBU Centennial at 5
8.3IBU Simcoe at 5
Wyeast 1332. North Western Ale

OG 1.071
Ferment at 20c.
What are you drinking? - Too much probably!

Hallertau - Favourites were - Copper Tart , Luxe , Minimus

Galbraiths - Favourites were - Bellringer , Antipodean Pale Ale

Cock & Bull - Favourites were - Monks Habit , Fuggles , Pilsner

Brew On The Quay - Favourites were - James Squire Amber Ale , Epic Pale

The Sheakspeare - well the stout was ok

Liquorland Newmarket - bottles of Maximus , Croucher Pale and Pils 500ml!! , Rewired , Export Gold limited release twin pack

Standouts of the lot - Minimus (even tryed to get a keg to bring home)
Cock&Bull - Pilsner (what I would like my recent attempts at pils to taste like)

Stinkers of the lot - Brew on the Quay - Brews Brew (Bland lifeless watery)
Sheakspeares - King Lear ( Bitter and strong alcahol with nothing to balance)
What day were you there for the Antipodean? Went there on wedensday and they said it had vanished!! Was it you???
Thursday Arvo?
Damn missed it!!
Liked it? We loved it! What is with the rye malt? Does it give a particular flavour?
This afternoon at The Falls "Moctober" the winners of the day were:
Harrington's Rogue Hop - nice balance between the aroma hops and the bittering hops.
Croucher Pale Ale - beautiful caramel nose and nice malt body. I went back for thirds.

Overall, a very nice event with a couple sausage offerings as well as yummy offerings from the kitchen.
Well done!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service