Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully Andrew has some of his Schwarzbier tonight and you can taste Sorachi Ace for yourself. Its lemony alright...
I have only tasted it in JK's Thornbridge Raven. It often gets described as being like bruised orange and that sums it up pretty well I think. Slightly over ripe musty orange. doesnt sound all that appealing but its pretty good.
Musty! That's it! I still say lemon rather than orange, but there's a very definite musty flavour with Sorachi. I'd just never figured out the word for it. Thanks Kieran!

I actually brewed another batch of my American wheat yesterday, and now the whole kitchen smells like musty, spicy lemons :)
that was it in raven.... almost rotting heirloom orange! loved that beer. it had a "powdery" quality that wasn't quite floral/
An Ale of Jokings .. don't tell anyone, but I nearly didn't tell the North Welly guys I had it.

But as they were calling round to pick up the order from up New Plymouth way I thought I'd share. Chris, I have your crystal and what's left of the bottle ..
A big beer, passionfruit, reminiscent of Summ!t .. Matthew thought of Yakima .. if I didn't have to get up in the morning I'd have Chris's share right now

cheers chap

jt
I got lots of resinous pine with an almost lemony zing right at the end.
Sorry chaps missed that one!
Maybe you could get up in the middle of the night and have a midnight swig JT? lol
Thoroughly enjoying your Pilsner right now. I reckon up the late sauvin and you'll have a cracker of a summer ale!
Cool! funny it was one of those beers that I didnt really enjoy first up but its just getting better and better (damn pilsner yeast not for the impatient!)

Funny you say about upping the Sauvin I thought it got a bit lost in the Cascade woods and would be keen to add more next time - the Sauvin was 20g @ 15min , 20g @ 0min - Im thinking up the 15 min to 30g and the 0 min to 40g?
Yeah that should do it. At the moment the Sauvin is standing in the background and it needs to be up front. I've ditched cascade for now, it keeps taking over. What yeast did you use?
Wyeast Czech Pils 2278 second pitching.

I did 3 beers of this yeast
- Czech It Out - a more traditional pils (till I dry hopped it)
- Aotearoa Pils - same malt base with kiwi hops
- South Of Heaven - A schwarzbier which is taking an age to carbonate but tasting good
the Sauvin is standing in the background

I'd keep the sauvin (early?), but I'd have something light & spicy in there later .. personal choice really

taking an age to carbonate

Yea, nine too. I've had ales carbonate and been drunk tasting good while the Mot lagers been firming up ..patience eh ?

Those spuds I planted today are getting a good watering, looks like fine tomorrow though fo a bit of warmth ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service