Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looking at doing a keg set up, Is it cheaper and easyer to go with the brew craft setup or designing your own set up, and getting the bits from the likes of Craft brewer, etc?
Whats your thoughts?

Views: 5491

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drop the pressure if anything at a guess, most people (esp myself) tend to have the gas up higher than they probably need.
New taps have 8.25mm OD barbs on them. What is the best way (ie combination of fittings and line) to attach these to the standard 8mm O/D/4mm ID beer line?
Heat up the hose and push it on! :)
oh ha ha - the hose practically fits inside the barb! I just got some clear food grade pvc hose from bunnings, to step it down 8mm to 6mm to 4mm with some plastic barbs (all from irrigation dept) - is this advisable?
I have used the irrigation (food grade up to 65C) hose before... Still have some for kettle to fermenter!

Are you sure you can't heat it up and push it on?
Pretty sure - but after trying I am now up to date with my 4 letter word practice!
Is that the black 12mm irrigation tubing James?
I may live in the hood, but I'm not of the hood! :) I'm using the clear vinyl hosing.
I think Wards in Petone is the place mate, I have to get there myself soon to get a refill. A tank goes fairly quickly when you have an undetected leak early on in your kegging days!
Question for you lot - does anyone know where to get a replacement gauge for a regulator? I've stuffed one of mine by holding it in the wrong place while disconnecting the bottle, so it's twisted and a bit rooted I think - can't get it to tell me an accurate pressure because the needle seems to stick.

Any ideas?
I'd try your local BOC outlet or Norgren perhaps. A local Hydraulics outlet would probably have something too.
Didnt end up buying but got this quote from a joint in Tauranga a while back:

0-60PSI Gauge $32.50 +gst
0-30PSI Gauge $30.95 +gst

ULTRA FLOW LTD & PROSTEEL LTD
Unit 7
61 Maleme Street
PO Box 9355
Greerton
TAURANGA.

Ph. +64 7 541 2105
Fax. +64 7 541 2106

Also the flash liquid filled gauge on our new fermenter is 0-30psi and only added an extra $30 to the total price. Whether you have to buy a fermenter to get that price is another question but could email Farra (rhys.genever@farra.co.nz) and ask...

Matt

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service