Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

hey guys

I´m sitting on a assignment for uni - a business plan - and for that case decided to open up a beer bar. Therefore I´m wondering what do you, as really beer interested folks, think about German beer? Would you go to a bar mainly serving German beer?

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I own a bar in Warkworth with a large German selection of beer including Hofbrau Original and HB Hefe Weizen on tap. We also stock Schneider weiss, Aventinus, Butburger, HB Dunkel Weiss. We stock 50 or 60 beers in total. NZ breweries represented are Harringtons, Wigram, Emersons,Epic,Mata,Leigh Sawmill and Croucher. We have a large glass selection and yep I think it does make a difference when it is served properly in the correct glass. Any more info I can supply just ask. Oh yeah and a German wife.
Awesome Ian. Tell us more about your place. Don't be shy! Who, where, what, when? That sort of range makes you our friend....
how about where abouts is your bar (address) and what's it called? food? website?
copycat - next you'll be making an imperial stout because you heard i was making one ;-)
Tahi - Cafe & Bar is in Warkworth 1 Neville street 09 422 3674. the food is loosely based on the Tapas idea as it is designed to be shared over a glass or two and deteriorating conversation. It is a bar with food..not a restaurant. We have two outdoors area , one is all weather. Open Wed to sun at present 9am till midnight but back to7 days in two weeks.
no website as yet but email me at tahi-bar@slingshot.co.nz . we have been open for about 10 months and proudly stock nothing from DB or Lion. Me I have spent 10 years running pubs in England but cut my teeth in the infamous Corner Bar at Hotel De Brett back in the eighties where I developed a love of imported beers, Macs Beers and Silver Fern and Old Thumper made by Newbigin breweries. Now I am in sunny Warkworth with my lovely German beer appreciating wife and a month old little girl
Good one Ian - good luck with the bar and the girls! You're living the dream up there. I hope it is a dream. And I hope to pop in one day...
Excellent Ian, why has it taken you so long to register here? Will come and visit you in the near future.

Haut Rein!
Have heard about your Bar Ian through the in-laws who live at Snells and who appreciate my love of Hefe-Weizen....will try to drop in this weekend !

Servus ! ! !
Glad to hear about your place. I had no idea great beer was available in the area. We will definitely stop in on our way to or from Kiawaka (very very slowly developing lifestyle block - we'll move there in 20 years at this rate)
hahahaha pot calling the kettle black.....hold on....that sounds familiar! ;0)
thought your recipe looked a bit familiar ;0)
We'll be up that way at christmas time....hmmm i smell a detour! :0)
At the risk of raining on the parade, German beer is awesome....... in Germany/Europe. When it travels this far I've found it hard to get a good one. The beer can quite often be oxidised or lightstruck, or both. Thats not to say its all bad; and good versions can be found but personally I've found it hard to get a good examples this far on the otehr side of the equator. I,m definitely going to check out Tahi the next time I,m in Warkworth though and hopefully Ian can prove me wrong.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service