Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you get to take your teddy home James?
Bring him to the next CBC....
Choice as, cheers guys, much appreciated.

I'll stick with the new hop schedule then.

I'm not looking for a HR clone as such - so not worried about some beefier malt character, and would be more to my liking anyway. Was more using HR as a baseline for the style as I've just finished a sixer ('twas a good sixer too BTW).
Brewing a Munich based Stout this weekend

4.00 KG Munich
1.80 KG Pilsner
0.45 KG Oat Malt
0.30 KG Carafa II
0.30 KG Chocolate Wheat
0.10 KG Roasted Barley

17gm Willamette 60mins
15gm Cascade 60 mins
30gm Cascade 30 mins
17gm Willamette 15 mins

20gm Safale US-05

Any ideas/suggestions/faults?
Hey people,
just had a go at making Kil Kenny recipe. it told me to add 720g of Cornflakes, problem was when i went to strain into the fermernter it blocked the holes to the sieve up and even the bucket i have with 3 mm holes in it. any advice for the next time?
i was told to put the cornflakes in with 10min to go on the boil.
Hmmmm .. maybe choose a different source of corn next time ?
I've used cornflakes before, but always mash them with the rest of the fermentables.

What recipe did you use? Sounds like someone might have been having a laugh.
Yea, thinking about it, wouldn't there be a boil in there before straining to fermenter ?
I'm the same as Ally, I have used cornflakes without an issue, although I have a stainless braided hose for my manifold.
The only problem I had with cornies was that they did not like going through the mill. I can imagine if they go in whole in the boil rather than the mash they might layer themselves up against a sieve and block it all up.
So next time i should put the corn flakes in at the start with the grain?
should it be at the very beginning, or half way though.
I did put it in the boil, the last 10 minutes, DN malthouse guy told me that's when to do it.
Big Learner plates on here, so a bit more explanation would help me big time.
Thanks
Hamish
But I wouldn't mind brewing a cool lawnmower in spring. What's the recommendation, a lager yeast slightly warm, or '05 slightly cool ?

'05 slightly cool is my pick, on an economic decision!

I brew to the ambient temperature - I don't have any temperature control - and I've brewed with some lager yeast this winter .. but I notice that the temperature's rising, slowly, just a degree or two, hopefully spring isn't too far away

So in the next few months, what's the best bet for a lawnmower beer, a lager yeast a little warm, or '05 a little cool ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service