Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ended up being....

Handpump:
-- Townshend Wedding FSA (20L x2)
-- Twisted Hop Oatmeal Stout (20L)
-- Yeastie Boys Yakima Monster (20L x 2) this should make JT happy

Tap:
-- Invercargill Smokin Bishop (50L)

and, for the wine fanciers:
-- Blackenbrook Nelson Chardonnay (1 case)
-- Peregrine Pinot Gris (3 cases)
-- Wild Rock Pinot Noir (2 cases)

So, in case anyone is planning for a wedding in the near future, on average people drunk about 1.5L of beer and just over a bottle of wine (in 5 hours). I had no idea how to guess this but, in hindsight, that sounds quite reasonable.

I've got to say this was made easier as Regional Wines allowed me to take a bit more wine than that and then get cash back on return of the unused stuff. Great price, even greater wine, from the best bottle store in New Zealand.

Also went through a few nice drinks at the lunch/ceremony:

-- a case of Emerson's JP 2010
-- a dozen PKB
three bottles of each of:
-- Neudorf Nelson Chardonnay (best in the country?)
-- Kerner Estate Pinot Gris
-- some Italian Merlot that I can't remember the name of...
and about half a dozen bottles of some champagne that I also can't remember the name of (something French, obviously).

James at Bar Edward was fantastic in setting up all the beer side of things... get into Bar Ed now as he's got the most fantastic range of beer on (all the Invercargill stuff, to celebrate their 10 year anniversary, including the Saison which is tasting superb).

And Eateria de Manon!!! The best venue in Wellington. This place is going to close in the next few months, I'd encourage everyone who gets the chance to get in there before it does. Amazing venue and a fantastic chef. If I had the money and time (and Bar Edward wasn't next door) I'd turn that place into a pub. It'd be perfect. I hope a good chef takes over the place because it is such a gem.

And after all that... I didn't even get boozed. But I was about the only one!
Congrats Stu!! I know the feeling about not being boozed at your wedding, I downed a few Armageddons and Epic Pale ales and wasnt drunk untill I got home haha, something about the excitement of the whole thing stops you from feeling boozed IMO
Congrats Stu! Sounds like the day was a cracker. Great line up of drinks for your guests, nicely done!

We polished off all the craft beer at Furneaux for our wedding, and shipped in a sneaky keg of Guinness. Of course best of all was getting up at 5:30 the next morning to watch Ireland beat Wales and win the grand slam (and what was left of the keg!). Weddings FTW!
Yeastie Boys Yakima Monster (20L x 2) this should make JT happy

Only if you brewed it at home Stu :-)

I hope you had a good day !

cheers, jt
Hope you accounted for Anna's consumption in your calculations, would probably reduce everybody else's wine consumption to about half a bottle each ;)
She wasn't the only one bumping up the average...
First night on the sauce in a wee while thanks to those pesky kids, i mean cold.

Anyway, tonight warmed up with a Mot Monster then followed it up (read drank between half and quarter of a pint), with the last Funkelrysen in Chch (and maybe the world) . Hops wrestle with mouthwash in the best showdown since Godzilla took on Mothra. Moved on slowly to the Smokin Bishop, the only beer I could think of that would redeem my tastebuds. Should have bought a rigger, but hindsight etc etc.

Now typing over a Coopers Sparkling at the rock bottom bargain price of $5. Can't argue with that.
Nothing rock bottom about Coopers Sparkling Ally
I love it at that price Bambule - I drink it at full price when I fancy it. The price is rock bottom; the beer is stellar*.
I'm off Coopers for a bit after the keg of coopers kit lager & mash, but I'll be back ...
I'm really excited to read this blog:

http://www.themalthouse.co.nz/index.php/blog/146-july-the-very-merr...

Cheers Neil! The head is definately swollen now!
Hey well done Jo! Now when are you going to rebrew and get some on at Pom's? (or did I miss something...)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service