Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Now I can have beer for breakfast legitimately! Just need to add some of Mikes toasted IPA bread ......."

These could both work well with my IPA soup, mmmm, IPA bread dipped in IPA soup, washed down with cornflake bitter :o) Sounds like the breakfast of champions!!
Brewing Sunday, the standard Mild grainbill, it must be about outing #14 or 15 for this, many thanks to Stu for sharing the recipe
81% Pale
10% Pale Crystal
5% Brown
2.5% Pale Chocolate
1.5% Black

But too be honest, I've grown a bit tired of it - about 8 batches later than Stu thought I would - so it's '05, not '04 and I'm very tempted to drop the hop schedule that Jo gave me for the late hopped brown into it.
Though I'm not sure how it - or I - would cope with it.
30gm hallertau, 30gm motueka and 60gm of cascade from 20 minutes - what do you reckon ?
Bit late cos you've already brewed but I'd say do it. You can never have too many hops.

I'd probably just chuck in the mot and cascade, small additions every minute for the final twenty for a giggle.
Another beer aimed at or around my impeding 40th birthday (plus maybe a WBC entry):

Over The Hill But Not Bitter - English ordinary bitter
3.5kg Kolsch malt
0.27kg Crystal 120L
0.1kg Melanoidin
0.03kg Brown
Mashed at 67 degrees

90-minute boil
12g Target @ 60 mins
15g EKG @ 30
15g EKG @ 1

Wyeast 1968 London ESB, fermenting at 19 degrees

Will be dry-hopping with EKGs also

I was aiming for an OG of 1.040 (for birthday-related reasons) but actually got 1.041. Should be 27 IBUs.

Probably going to keg condition, mainly coz there isn't room in the keg fridge at the moment.
Hey Martin, Where are you getting your East Kent Goldings from?
Wow, hops kept on a warm shelf for months on end, couldnt think of anything better :o/

But seriously, I would never buy hops from Haurakihomebrew, its a well known fact that the stability of hops decrease rapidly at room temps and that they should be stored either in the fridge or freezer, not on the shelf??

Edit : I just noticed Martin said the same thing, but it needs to be said, especially as people buying off their website and not going into the shop, will have absolutely no idea
The current batch came from Craftbrewer

Occasionally Mike at Brewers Coop has some, as do Hauraki Homebrew. Without being nasty, however, Hauraki don't keep their hops in the fridge/freezer....
How do you find the shipping from Australia? Expensive??
Not too bad as long as you put a decent-sized order together. The service from Craftbrewer is awesome.
Yeah just flicking through their site now, quite impressive.
Something today I'd been mulling over for a while and decided that, f*ck it, might as well, uses up some odds and ends. So another well considered brew then...

Something like a American Black (pseudo) lager

4.75kg Gladfields Pils (and a wee bit of Pale)
0.5kg Munich
0.3kg Carafa
0.15kg Black
28IBU Centennial @60
(Lots) More Centennial at flame out
Kolsch Yeast

Fermenting at 15c at the moment. Hydro/refrec sample tasted big and malty and surprisingly bitter. Might crispen up to something vaguely drinkable in a few weeks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service