Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, there's lots of hops hitting the kettle this weekend !
I have a re-brew of the late hopped brown.
Drop in gravity from 1.046 to 1.040 and IBU down in line with that
PJ instead of Sauvin too
Is that intentional or are you out of Sauvin ?
No sauvin unfortunately. It's not a lot of PJ going in at 60 so any flavour will be dominated by the malt and cascade. It does provide a nice smooth bitterness though.

Should be hydro sample of the PJ IPA on Saturday. It'll be getting bottled.
There's a lot to taste on Saturday - and maybe a few people there too - better make that a jug for the hydrometer sample
Nailed the efficiency today. Hit 76% where we've normally been 65%. A bit extra sparging and circulating seems to have done the trick.
First hydro sample and I ended up pouring a glass. Very happy. Exactly what we were after, it's just a shame the public won't see it now that the Excise Overlord has ruled out homebrew at the winter festival... more for the North Welly brewers :D
I'll be round during the week with the IC, do you have a jug ?
Sure do, it's about to be dry hopped so if you can wait until bottling next weekend there'll be a few 'samples' going round!
The Placebo Pilsner (A beer for the masses)

4kg Pils
.4kg Crystal
.2kg Munich

Southern Cross to 15IBU @ 60
Riwaka to 10IBU @ 20

S05 @ 17C for two weeks, then condition it.

This is one to get the brother in law into brewing.
Looks interesting, might try and do something similar for my brother. He can't handle hops yet! How will you condition it? Rack to secondary and put it in the fridge for a while?
I just put it in the keg and leave it for a couple weeks / month under CO2 @ serving temperature.

Then consume.
Interesting, S05 for a Pilsner. Does it come out dry(ish) like a pilsner?

Keen to make a pislner and/or Larger but haven't got temp control for it,

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service