Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

This one is a pseudo-pils, using 1056/S05 at lower temps. Hopefully all the bottles still have the sticker on the cap (JP).

4.00 kg Pilsner Malt
0.50 kg Munich Malt
0.20 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L

10.00 gm Southern Cross (60 min)
10.00 gm Nelson Sauvin (60 min)
15.00 gm Riwaka [7.00 %] (10 min)
10.00 gm Nelson Sauvin [12.50 %] (10 min)
15.00 gm NZ Cascade [7.00 %] (0 min)
15.00 gm Nelson Sauvin [12.50 %] (0 min)

1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
2ml tsp Lactic Acid (Mash 90.0 min)
7.5 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 90.0 min) Misc 

1 Pkgs SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale 20C -> 15C three weeks

Cheers

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

How many IBUs on that James?
It's over 40 from what I can recall, I'd need to check the recipe tonight!
I had it down as an APA with a lager finish ... very nice work. [That's if i have the right one ... it's got JP on the cap right?]

You can really taste the 0 addition hops, very clean and beautifully clear.

What was the ppm for the calcium in the water? I'm trying to work out if I need more gypsum in the water to push the hops to the fore.
Yep just JP on a white dot (thanks Ron) on the caps this time due to time constraints. Glad to hear it works! :)

The ppm for calcium works out at about 90.

For some reason the receipe I found only has the IBUs as 30... oh well, it'll have to do.
Without being mumpty, where abouts are the Chch case swap beers? Any ETA on those babies?

I'm getting jealous of Simon drinking them all
You'll have to ask Crabbey as he is the distributor! And yes I am extremely jealouse that SDK is plowing through beers that we haven't gotten yet!!!
Shit :o( Thats no good, they were posted on tuesday so should be there by now???

Will try and get the tracking numbers for ya...
and a little brewer waits...
Pours bright orange with a slight haze, citrus and passionfruit on the nose, firm bitterness up front with a bit of grapefruit but well balanced by the Munich which I can taste in the finish, nice and malty! Nice beer mate, allthough I could def tell the difference between the US-05 and a true lager finish, I think a proper lager yeast would have crisped this up nicely!

Nicole also had a glass and liked it, so you must be onto a winner here in some way!! haha
CS beer 2 for Greydog and me. Poured into the glass and got that awesome hop aroma and great colour. First mouthful and good carb nice malt and bitterness all together a good balance. To us on mouthful we thought we were drinking a PA rather than a Lager but as Rev said that would be the 05. Thanks James we both loved this beer and now reading the recipe was surprised it wasn't dry hopped with the hop aroma that was coming through.
Cheers Dale, I'm guessing the combination of additional minerals, 05 and low temp ferment is pretty good on the late addition hops.

I do agree with Rev and you both that it is more a PA mouth than a pils, and not as crisp as I prefer but just another exbeeriment from my lab!
Yeah it was awesome, I've never been able to brew a beer that's had that level of aroma from the 0 min. Great job I really enjoyed it James.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service