Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was certainly told off, and my wife was not my #1 fan that night. However, she cooled down in the end. I think she was happy that I didn't ask her to cook me some eggs.
Dry hop it with Simcoe - and make sure NO MATTER WHAT... I get to have a bottle. Somehow.
If you are coming to Welly, I will certainly save you a bottle!
Have you tried the new keggle yet?
Have you tried the new keggle yet?

Michael was using it Tuesday night when I called by.
Ah good! - he didnt ring and abuse me so it must have worked ok lol!
The keggle worked a dream.

I did have a problem getting the beer out at first since all of the hops was kid of clogging, but this was expected with this recipe. :) (I need some fresh hops. :) )

I found that using the bag was a bit more work in the keggle since I no longer have a smooth edge like I would with a pot. However, The overall experience was better, and I will likely move away from the bag for most of my brews soon anyhow. I am planning to re-purpose the pot Joking made into a mash tun, and insulate in his style. :)

BTW...Guys, I have to say that Chris does awesome work! He cut the keggle, put fittings on, and rigged the whole thing for me. The workmanship is top notch, and better than I could even hope to do. It is a good thing there are people like Chris around for a bloke like me that doesn't even know which end of a hammer is the right end to swing.
Sounds good glad it works for you!

How was your three ring did it get a good rolling boil going?

Thanks for your kind words!
Just finished brewing up a dunkelweizen.

50.3% Wheat malt
25.4% Munich II
16.9% NZ pils
3.2% CaraAroma
3.2% Pale crystal
1.0% Carafa Special II

Southern Cross to 16.5IBU @ 60 mins, 1050 OG, 67C mash, WLP300 yeast.
Hi Folks
Brewing a lager today for the first time and going the whole hog with a decoction as well.
In all the stuff I have read the instructions the recipes say take a "thick 3rd" out of the mash and boil.
What is a "thick 3rd"???
Cheers in advance.
Ron.
Get a seive and quickly sccop out a third of the mash.

This is the thick third.
So it's mostly grain?? Isn't that going to scorch when it is boiled or is that why it says to bring it to the boil slowly?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service