Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi,

I've just picked up one of these and I'm tring to remember my electronics but it's a struggle. So, before I kill myself or my fridge and heat pad, can some one make sure I have this right ....

netural from both fridge and heater to slot 1

live from heater in slot 2

live form fridge in slot 3

Cheers

Si

Views: 542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sparky should be the man to ask here, I am sure he has one the same. BTW , how much did you pay for it?
$124 including delivery from RS (www.newzealand.rs-online.co.nz)
Don’t put the neutral in slot one or 2,3,4, you will blow it up. keep neutrals away from the switching side of things and you wont go wrong.
Neutral only goes to 7 or 8 and power to the controller goes to the other. Say 8
You may join all your neutrals together in a connector (controller n, power n, heating n and cooling n.
Hop you understand
From here on in I need a bit more information but you wont hurt anything by connecting live cables from the power, the live to the element, live to the fridge etc all any old how, to 1,2,3,4, it will just work badly.
Having said that connect your power to the terminal 1, and the heater,fridge to proberly 2 & 4, I need more imformaiton to help you further

I assume u are using the one controller to heat and cool your wort and are using the alarm contact to control one of them. Be aware some times alarm contacts are small.
Thanks John.

Got a 240V 8A alarm on it, and It'l only have to power small light bulb.

Thanks for the info too. Between you and Horace I managed to remeber what I was doing. I dug out my old electronics book this morning, so I should be able to do it all without kill myself.
I'm no electrician but

live from (power point) to 1 and 7.
neutral to 8 and direct to fridge

1 is feed to the relay in controller, 2 is normally open position and 3 is the normally closed position of same "switch", so if in 2 once temp goes past set point "switch" will turn on, if in 3 it is on already and going past set point will turn it off

From my not so good german to me at least it looks like this is a thermostat for a single output so either heating or cooling, the alarm can be configured to different formats and may be able to be used for heating depending on how the controller lets you input the desired temp ranges, if so live to heating in 4
Thanks Horace.

Do you think I could run it off one inlet, if I put the main feed to 1 and link through a smaller fuse to 7? It's talking about needing a 300mA fuse on the 7 input.
Should be fine. I would suggest a switch in the main feed to make things easy also
Good idea. I think i saw a kettle lead style (IAC?) socket with a fuse and a switch on RS.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service