Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Craft beer in Hamilton? What will they think of next? ;o)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/3349158/Craft-beers-to-ha...

Big ups to Greig who got a mention...

Seems like itll be quite the venue, may even be enough to tempt me to venture down to the 'Tron' for once ;o) lol

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is going to be awesome. Keep in mind that it's run by four guys who are about business first. One doesn't sink a ton of money into something like this just for the love of beer. If it doesn't get local support, I suspect that the craft beer will be downplayed. That said, they are very sincere in their passion for beer. They went to Beervana and had a fantastic time - they were really blown away by the level of demand and passion for craft beer, and that experience kindof sealed the deal I think.

I've been lucky enough to have a bit of a look around the innards of it, and I think that anyone who ventures in will be in for a treat indeed. I'm also confident you'll all be pretty pleased with the beer selection.

They are looking at supporting SOBA also, so that's another very positive step.

I'm excited - can you tell? ;)
Awesome stuff! Im sure their main challenge will be getting the likes of the people who were at Beervana to come out of hiding in Hamilton... Im sure theres enough of ya tho after hearing about the ruakara (or whatever its called) club?
Sounds good, being a Hamilton lad and all, but I have to say I will only drink there late afternoon/early evening because Hood street is so fucking aweful late at night...

Good stuff Greig, not sure on the name tho, will Hugh Laurie attend?
"Hood street is so fucking aweful late at night..."

I assumed that was just Hamilton? ;oD
Good onya Greig,

I'll be comming up on Thursday 11th and will get in touch closer to the time to see if you want to give me a tour of the Hamilton Craft beer scene. I'll be going out for dinner with friends on the 12th but might be able to sneak away for a quick look at the opening.

Well done.
Sounds good! Just to clarify though, I'm not sure I deserve as much credit as you guys (and Bruce Holloway) are giving me. I've just given the guys honest advice, and advocated for craft beer in a realistic way. I've not stumped up a single buck. It's the Phoenix Group who are the heroes here. I hope to thank them with my dollars, and by dragging any and all my friends there on a regular basis! ;)

Sean: I hear he's flying in especially to see what's on the guest tap! ;)

Rev: Oi! Don't make me come up there! Well, not until Saturday... Yeah, you'd be surprised at just how many craft beer lovers there are in Hamilton, and how enthusiastic they are too, in stark contrast to the city's rep. Hell, bands stopped coming here because audiences were too lazy to bother showing up, let alone applauding. I'm sure the craft beer fans will show the rest of NZ how it's done! :)
Outstanding! the missus used to have family in Hamilton but unfortunately they have moved so it's not often I get to go there anymore. up until now I was quite pleased with that fact...:)
Rumour has it Hamiltons getting its own craft brewery too....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service