Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Twisted Hop IPA today. I've had this several times and quite enjoyed it but have always been left a bit wanting. Mostly it's been served on the hand pump, room temp and fairly flat. Today was from the tap, chilled and carbed. It was the best I've had. The previous tasting I felt the malt was center stage while today it was definitely the hop.
Just settling into a Twisted Hop Sauvin Pils, my first ever Twisted Hop beer. It's quite a different tasting Pils this one. Lots of mangoes and and quite sweet. There's a yeast character different to anything I've had before. As it's warming I'm getting the dreaded meat aroma. Mangoes & raw mince! Not sure what to make of this beer. Best I have another and think about it...
The ankle is finally where I can put some weight on it, so, I will probably be bottling tonight, so as to get my stocks back up.

With no stocks in hand, I am left to what I can find at Woolworths. Today it is"Old Speckled Hen."

Not bad for a beer in a can that has travelled so far, and seems to be a bit mass produced. Definately not in the top beers, but not bad.
You should have talked the family into taking you out for a Sunday drive ... quick stop at the Malthouse, then round the Basin, pickup at Regionals ... then home again
That would have been awesome. I wish I could have made it, and had a chance to meet everyone.

So...Who had the winning brew?
Just opened a fresh bottle of emersons pilsner. How dissapointing, flat, no great hop aroma, and more bitterness than usual... A few people have noticed a slip in quality as of late. Sad times.
They know about it a friend emailed them and asked and they confirmed that the batch he had wasnt that flash. I had it over the weekend and it was superb!!
Good to know, hopefully next one will be more on the money. Not by any means an undrinkable brew, just not up to par. They must be pissed after having to pour all that beer due to the water pipes being damaged last week, ouch.
Mate I rate and respect Emerson's for having the balls for coming out and admitting that a batch aint up to scratch, Better than some of the brewery's just plugging shit onto the market and demanding a high price for slop!! Like this Moa Barrel reserve's that im drinking now, put onto the market in limited supply not telling anyone!! and it fucking delicious!!
And did I say it Delicious!!
Sold. Might have to get my greasy mits on some...
Which one you drinking?? RIS?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service