Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rogue Old Crustacean, off tap (or "draft" as they like to call in in the US) at Hashigo Zake.

Very very nice, though probably not quite as orgasmic as the Hog's Back Wobble in a Bottle that I had the other night.
With beer stocks gone, I decided now is a good time to try some beers I have not had yet. I bought some Hereford Bitter Dark Munich Lager (Dux Brewing), and Tuatara IPA.

So far I am only on the Hereford Bitter. What a pleasantly surprising nice little drop! Generally, I am not much of one for a lager, but this is going down nicely, and I could see myself having quite a few.

This is a nice malty beer. However, there is a taste that I have had before, but cannot pin down in this beer. I am thinking it is coming from a hop, but cannot identify it.

Hereford Bitter gets a thumbs up from me. (Next up, the Tuatara IPA)
Yeh, i like Hereford Bitter... it's a bit of a melanoidin monster.
Really!? The one and only time I tried it, about 9 months ago at Dux in CHCH... I was HIGHLY disappointed. Found it to be very bland. Maybe I should try it again.
Tuatara IPA...

I went into this beer with real high expectations, as I have really enjoyed their stout. However, maybe I have a bad batch or something. The beer seems to have quite a strong urethane sort of flavor.

I have a whole six-pack, so will try another and see if it was just the bottle.
oops...I meant 'porter' not 'stout.' I do not know why I typed 'stout' maybe the Hereford Bitter was stronger than I thought. ;)
I like Tuatara PA but it always leaves me wanting more hops... Had the Hefe at lunch today and it was all banana from start to finish. Bit like a frosty boys milkshake t :D
Weird.

I guess it was the one bottle. The follow up bottles of Tuatara IPA tasted OK.

Whilst I would not put it into my top beer choices, it was drinkable.
Drinking ?
Nothing right now, but I plan on
a) knocking off the last couple of pints of mild behind tap #1 when I get home.
b) putting the Rakau Pale on tap immediately afterwards
Damn, only a squirt of foam from tap #1, I could have had the rakau chilling for the last 24 hours.
So a warm, flatish pint of rakau and it's still a sweet cyclists ale, could be good
Keep us posted on this Rakau beer jt. We're all (I'm) relying on you to tell us (me) what it's like and what it'd be good for.
Don't rely on my tastebuds Mr C, they're pretty wonky

There was mention of it in the Pilsner thread too - I don't think it would be amiss there

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service