Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then had to go home to Speights Traverse

How did that get there, did a naughty Pixie visit while you were out ?
Santa's left overs :)
I was stuck with Speights Summit last night at a BBQ. It's like normal speights with half the ingredients except the sugar... I'm pretty sure the single hop I tasted was green bullet. It had that steinlager after taste.
I think you misspelled "Satan".
I had a bubba keg (3.8L) of my Yakima Moster's Baby while listening to Fleetwood Mac as they played live down here in New Plymouth.

Mate. The crowd was going mental - and the baby monster never tasted so good. I got absolutely shit faced on the stuff - and woke up feeling pretty good yesterday. I can't remember a hell of a lot around bed time on Saturday though... I think I comatosed.
3.8L keg?? Have you made one or acquired one?? Are you selling them? ;o)

My mate went down for Fleetwood mac, said it was absolutely awesome and even tho it was raining noone left lol
Had a few homebrews at my sister's 40th on the weekend. Then cracked a 1.5L magnum of Moa Imperial Stout later in the evening... it's a bit like an Imperial version of Mackeson Stout. Very different from what I expected but pretty unique... I'm looking forward to another look over Xmas (and have a few for much longer term cellaring).
Where does one get a bottle of Moa Imperial Stout?
shipped from the brewery (I phoned them)
or possibly through Hancocks - try here
Hiya Beer Ledgend. The magnums are only available direct from the Brewery. Email me on info@moabeer.co.nz and I will get one off to you. They are $25 +freight each.

Stu, interesting comparison with the Mackeson's. I always found Mackeson's to be quite sweet and full since it has lactose added. It was the version made by Carib Brewery in Trinidad when I was making Heineken and Guiness Foreign extra in St Lucia. The Moa RIS is very dry (1010-1011) in comparison. The Magnums did have 6 months in some new oak which has really mellowed it. It has certainly smoothed the roast characters and bitterness (90 IBU!) and acentuated the chocolate and mocha charcters.

Hoped you liked it!
I did... but it was SO mellow that it very much took me by surprise. It was far too easy to drink. And for a beer that has finished at 1.010 still has a huge amount of sweetness - though I'm sure the jump from <4% bitters would have highlighted that perception. I'm sure that I'll get a another chance or two to evaluate it further with one of the other 5 magnums that I have left ;-)

I've only ever tried the low gravity Mackesons out of the UK. Tried it a few times now.
I'm pretty sure the Caribbean version of Mackesons is a 4.9% milk stout. Besides Trinidad, the other small breweries on each of the islands tended to brew the Guiness Foreign Extra stout at ~7.5%. Its seen as quite a "manly" beer and popular with Rasta's (a good mixer????). Remind me next time we meet to tell you about it as it is one of the least interesting beers to make.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service