Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"if we went that way again I'm not sure Willamette would make the cut"

I thought that when I read the recipe initially that the Willamette would have been a flop. This was at a time when Maximus and Armageddon were going at it head to head.

I had His Majesty quite some time after everyone else... I had a sample at BrewNZ. At that time - it was soooo bitter, I could hardly taste a thing. However after a recent trip to Wellington, I was lucky enough to take a bottle home with me. When I had it, I was pleasantly suprised at how drinkable it was - and how different it is to any other NZ beer on the market.

The malt is nice and subtle, but the hop flavours are too. The Cascade doesn't do its compulsory grapefruit hit when put up against that yeast strain... as I get a lot of pleasant "white field mushroom" notes and texture out of the hopping.

I don't even know if I'd categorise it in the IPA class - certainly not US IPA. I think as a drinking experience on its own, it is indeed in a class of its own.
Thanks Jo. Three months since brew day and I think it is getting better every time I drink it.
What was your brew length bro?
1200L

though we only got 1100L out of this as the hops clogged the last of the kettle run off...
http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/photo/clogged-line?context=user
http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/photo/cleanliness-is-next-to?contex...
Last night a Yeastie feast.

Plan K
Pot Kettle Black
His Majesty

My last hit out before the Auckland Marathon on Saturday.
Side by side stouts for me last night.

My own stout
Invercargill Pitch Black
Green Man Stout

Three great beers. It seems mine was the only one that didn't have any smoke. I can't believe I never noticed that before.

The yeast character in the Green Man Stout reminded me of Mike's Brown Ale in the case swap.
Renaissance MPA - Really nice beer this, very impressed with how drinkable this beer is with such a high ABV and the large amounts of hops in it. Def keen to try the Rakau hops out after sampling this.

Homebrew - Bo Pils - Nice refreshing bo pils, bit of chill haze but a nice crisp beer, the riwaka tasting really nice. This was only my 3rd all grain brew so quite impressed with this effort. Next time I would increase the hops and do a mix of Riwaka and Motueka together, think that would be stunning.

Homebrew - Brooklyn Blaster (Amber Ale, West Coast) - http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/forum/topics/1500433:Topic:8?x=1&am...

Stunning!! Am chuffed with this one, lovely orange colour with hints of red. Huge toffee flavour and aroma. Probably nothing like the Jamil's recipe intended to be with the American Hops but reminded me of an English ale, very similar to the Challenge beer on tap at Hashigo's a couple of weeks ago. Would love to try this again when I get hold of some USA hops.
Had a weekend up in Auckland so headed out to my old local - Hallertau.

Whilst there, I enjoyed some Alesmith IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Ballast Point Sculpin, and the obligitory Hallertau beers. Statesman is tasting SOOOOO DAMN GOOOOOOOD with the combination of Amarillo and Centannial. I mean - this beer really reminds me of chilling out at the beachfront bars in San Diego.

Also went out the back to have a taste of how the barrel aged beers are coming along: Outstandingly I must say. There will be some fantastic releases early next year.

Why the hell did I move to New Plymouth?
Only You can answer that bro!!
Why the hell did I move to New Plymouth?

From Auckland ? Why wouldn't you should be the question ;-)))
Chimay RED to celebrate Liverpool's victory over the scum this morning! Wo0t! (Sorry Martin :-P )

(Almost considered having one at 5am...)
His Majesty, to celebrate the same.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service