Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Im off to Melbourne for two weeks on Friday so if anyone needs any supplies Im happy to pick them up and bring them to NZ.

Save some shipping costs maybe.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha, I'll be there too...Next Friday, 5pm at the Mountain Goat Bar in Richmond. It only opens twice a week so make sure you check it out. Great pub over the road as well.
Yeah definatly gonna check them out, might go on the brewery tour on the wednesday.
There is also the Octoberfest SpecTAPular at The Local Taphouse in St Kilda on the 3rd October. There will be 20 beers on tap, I think it is 10 from Germany and 10 german style from Australian breweries. They haven't released the line up yet. The same is happening at the Sydney Taphouse on the 10th October and I am hoping to get along to that.

A definite beer to try is Hargreaves Hill ESB, it is very tasty but it is more like a pale ale than an ESB.
www.holgatebrewhouse.com

It's a little out of town but well worth it.
I will be in sydney on the 10th so will try and get along to that aswell.
Jamis I was in Sydney a month back and Barry told me to try out RedOak in Clarence St. Well worth a visit, 2 pages of beers ranging from $4 a pint to $75 a 180ml!!!!!!
Got that on my list I have quite a list of places to visit now,
Lord Nelson
The Australian
Redoak
Taphouse
James Squire brewhouse
World Square pub
Hero of waterloo -
Fortune of War - will visit these just because of there names.
and theres a micro, 4 pines I think in Manly just near where the ferry arrives.
Negotiations with the misses will be interesting.
Man that is a great list. Isn't it just the normal rules for every hour you are allowed at a pub she is allowed an hour shopping!!!!
If they have Epic Beer in Melbourne then they must have a good selection of other beers

check out http://australia.epicbeer.com
Wow thats a lot of beer stores, missuss will be stoked heh
Epic has taken over Oz:) The Armageddon is getting mad props over here!

/end thread hijack.

Toot, as for Melbourne there's plenty of really good beer bars around, just check Rate Beer for listings. As others have mentioned, the Taphouse is the best place for quality beers and MG is always reliable. They have a randall set up now so there's always something interesting on there (last month they had the Surefoot stout flowing through fresh coffee beans...delicious!)

If you're relatively new to Aussie beers look out for VIC micro's like Holgate, Red Hill, Jamieson's, Bridge Rd, 2 Brothers...these are a starting point but of course there's heaps more micro's brewing some great beers lately.

Enjoy!
Here is the list of beers that will be available on tap at the SpecTAPulars in both The Taphouses.

http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/2009/09/oktoberfest-spectapula...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service