Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The quintessential new US hop variety. I'm getting in 5kgs of this stuff - and I need to fill the order out. I'll be up for 1.5kgs myself, so that leaves 3.5kgs open for the rest of y'all. FIRST IN FIRST SERVED. It's going to be (depending on the exchange rate) around $100 per kilo - probably slightly less... it depends on the exchange rate.

State your interest - this needs to be closed by Saturday morning.

Minimum order of 500gms please.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No way does Doreen have chinook and Amarillo :oP I wish!
I bought 1.5 kg of Amarillo from her. I missed out on the Chinook by a day!
How long ago was that? a year?
It would have been about that - maybe 16 months... dont forget that they are always getting hops on for the craft breweries... that's what I mean "you never know your luck". You just need to have good timing.

They have never had Columbus, Simcoe or Centennial though.
I dunno tho, the way Doreen and Doug were talking they didnt seem to keen to get anything US in untill the dollar gets better...
Well.... we dont need to worry about that aye!?!?!

cough 15kg Simcoe & Centennial

*COUGH*
NZHops has recently brought in Amarillo and Columbus and some CTZ for Brewers on request. It is not the US Dollar that is driving us not to hold US inventory, it is the price. Holding stocks at a hundred bucks a kilogram just isn't good business but we'll bring in whatever you're after minimum order 5 kgs. We will also be re-stocking all our imports after the Northern harvest if pricing comes back to something realistic so hopefully there should plenty around come the spring. Our apologies to those of you who are suffering withdrawal symptoms.
Would they be interested in taking on the model that Tony does with Wyeast? If they could guarantee a bunch of hop hungry homebrewers were going to buy every month or two, it might be worth the time and effort and be able to deliver regardless of what the currency exchange rates are doing at the time. I can at least dream :)
okay, so spill: where do you need to look?
Just ring around. NZ hops is the first port of call - and go from there. Ask around some breweries that use US hops in their beers... you never know your luck. The newer hops varieties are harder to get here though.

This 15kgs is on its way - and there will be more orders to come in the future.
I hope so, I'm already lamenting getting only 250g of Amarillo! Oh well, the 500g of Simcoe will make up for that...

*goes off to the fermenter to take another whiff*
I knew you would, 250gms isnt much for a hop head after all ;o)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service