Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jealous x2 from me. Green Flash is one of THE BEST breweries in California. Their Beer is the shit... Enjoy La Freak - straight out one of the most fucked up beers you'll ever drink.
I can only agree! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO jealous!
The "American" Barleywine is actually Canadian. Fat Cat 'Old Bad Cat' Barleywine... 11.5%, aged in Bourbon barrels.
Inspired by my comments on Fullers Vintage, I thought I'd give London Porter and Golden Pride a crack. The Porter was actually more dry than I had expected with dominant Brown Malt flavours in there. Overall it was a pleasing experience, however let down slightly by the mineral content in there... if I were to have a crack at this - I'd leave the chalk at the white cliffs of Dover. Golden Pride was solid - and I was hoping it would resemble Vintage in some way - alas it didn't. Good balanced drinking none the less.

Now I'm on my last bottle of Pliny the Elder... Why? I was pretty bored - this beer brings the excitement.

I think I'll follow it up with a pint of Naked Poppy.
I really really like both those beers but that Fuller's Porter would be nearing 18 months old now, wouldn't it? Or has more arrived recently?

I'm having a sneaky Kid Chocolate before a party. Had a Boysenberry for lunch.

Last night I got to knock back a couple of Golden Boys as a box was recently discovered behind something else... really interesting. Bitterness was good but the hops had subdued a lot and were now quite lemony and herbal, almost German. Maris Otter had really started to stamp its authority on the beer... nutty with a little honey sweetness. Has aged very very interestingly, surprisingly well for a 4.7% beer - it's about 8 months old.

Bar Ed tonight... I'm sure there will be something there to keep me happy. I quite fancy an Emerson's Pilsner actually.
Yesterday after work...at the crosse keys

Oakham White Dwarf....weird beer, a hoppy bitter wheat beer....damn refreshing!

Woodfords Nelson revenge....yawn

Marstons old empire....way to much tinned peaches for my liking

Nethergate old growler....i can see the potential but i'd say this was close to the end of the cask so a touch tired

At home:

Meantime IPA...pile of shit drain pour that got substituted for a Sierra nevada torpedo IPA....ahhhhh
I bowled for the first time in about ten years. 108. Felt like a golf score.

Emerson's Pilsner and Tuatara Porter were lovely.
Tuatara Helles nice.
Mata Artesian hard work (the first time ever for me). Tastes like NZ malt... honey sweet and a shade husky.
The company... and the ability to chat... exceptional.

Kilgour's "Here Come The Cars" on the stereo. time for bed.
Pliny the Elder for me tonight, after procrastinating for a month.
Here's my thoughts:
Highly drinkable yet the flavours are very pronounced. Resinous hops coat the mouth with a medium to strong bitterness which brings the pine flavour. Behind this cloying hop is a somewhat robust malt, which sweetens the deal and makes for a very balanced beer. Hops turn citric on the finish, probably like orange rind – very bitter. The finish is very long, as one would expect with an uber hoppy beer.

I've decided I must visit Russian River in my lifetime to taste this beast fresh. And perhaps the younger IIIPA.
Adnams Regatta...suffering from being in the lines to long
Crouch Vale amarillo great stuff, one of my top 3 UK brewers at the moment!
Thornbridge Jaipur export....GOLD!
Ah, I see the shilling for your new employer has started already Seamus! ;)
What can you do when the beer is that good!?
Kegged the Styrian ale with '05 last night, just waiting for fridge space, finished off the dregs from the fermenter - as usual.

Hoping to repeat this in a near future brewday with Toast - possibly with Windsor as yeast du jour - so it should be quite a different beer altogether

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service